Author Topic: KotOR questions  (Read 625 times)

Vireyar

• Amn
    • http://www.chainsmokingdryad.com
KotOR questions
« on: March 10, 2005, 08:52:50 PM »
First off - yes, I'm hooked. Badly. Urgh.

Second, third and so forth - is there any recommended order to visiting the planets? I tried Tatooine first, but lacked the funds to buy the HK droid, so I left for Manaan instead. And would I be right in guessing that quests span multiple planets? Also, is your ability to complete quests related to your character level in any way? For instance, I scoured Dantooine for the Mandalorian raider leader, but couldn't find him. Does he appear if I go back at a higher level, or did I just miss something?

Finally - can one expect to end the game at character level 20, or is it like NWN where you'll finish around 16-17?
ormerly known as Bloodrose, Decrier of the BDK, Lover of Amazons, &c.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
KotOR questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »
There's no neat way to only visit every planet once.
I like to go to Kashyyk first to pick up Jolee and because it's relatively easy.  Then probably Tatooine, then Manaan and finally Korriban.  But if you complete all of the party member quests you'll have to go back and forth.  Plus go to Yavin a few times (a story there progresses as you finish planets).  Only a couple of quests are actually multi-planet though.

To get the leader to show up you have to kill two lesser groups first.  The first is in the Matale area and the other is way up the back of the Sandral one.  There is a third group in the Grove which you can kill first if you want.  The leader spawns there after you kill the other two, and his whole group will respawn if you kill the original lot first.  Nothing to do with your level.

You should get to level 20 easily unless you skip a lot of stuff.  You party members will probably just get there by the end but may only finish at 19.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
KotOR questions
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:36:49 PM »
I invariably did the planets: Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban. But I don't think it really makes much difference.

As Thrugg said... getting to level 20 is almost guaranteed unless you really race through the game.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Vireyar

• Amn
KotOR questions
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 12:28:51 PM »
Neat, I'll head back to Dantooine as soon as my business on Tatooine is finished up. I think I killed the group in the grove first, then never went back to where they were so that was probably the problem. Just got HK-47, who is hilarious. Can't decide whether or not to replace Carth with the droid as a gunner. I guess I'll have to head to Yavin after Tatooine, too, since I finished Manaan last night. Then maybe Korriban, since Carth is wanting to go there.

I'm working on the quests for Carth and Bastila, along with getting war stories from Canderous and going with Juhani's story whenever I remember to talk to her.

Since I forgot to, I'm playing a Scoundrel/Consular named Aleira Sora, kind of following Luch's character guide, with Bastila and Carth in the party. Aleira's putting points into Computer Use, since she's the only one in the party who can really do it. Max Duelling, Implant 1, Max Critical Strike, Destroy Droid 1, Cure, Stasis, Force Resist 1, Speed 2, Toughness 1. Using robes, of course. I forget her stats. Oops.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
KotOR questions
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 02:56:06 PM »
[phrases carefully]
If completing Dantooine is important to you, I'd be inclined to go back there sooner rather than later, to avoid disappointment.
[/phrases carefully]

Light side, I take it from the chosen powers?

Does your char have a decent Repair skill?  If so, you can make HK-47 quite a bit more powerful by tinkering with him.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Vireyar

• Amn
KotOR questions
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 06:50:29 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Thrugg, I see what you mean. That was a rather Force Persuade-ish way of putting it, too. Or maybe I've been playing too much.

Just got, erm, "sidetracked" after finishing Korriban. After this, just have to visit Kashyyk. This game gets more interesting by the minute, in true BioWare style.