Author Topic: Obligatory NWN noob questions  (Read 3857 times)

Nightfish

• Hel
Obligatory NWN noob questions
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
Well, I've got an hour or two every evening, despite having tests and all that. But I don't have a build ready. ^_^ I'd play something party orientated, too, but I'm not really sure what. If there's really no way to play HotU in MP I think I'd go with something that can eventually solo that shit, though.
Guardians:44 / 49

<HC>  <RWM>

Quote from: Thrugg
The effect of map seeds on drop quality is 100% superstition, unless you are deliberately fixing your random number seed as well.

The way a lot of Diablo players talk, you'd think if they saw a German Shepherd followed by a Labrador followed by a Chihuahua, they'd immediately go online and post "OMG TEH DOGZ ARE SHRINKING!!!!1!"

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2005, 01:51:02 PM »
I'm starting to really like my Archer.  He took a Wiz level and is now going to be AA for the next 10.  Just finished Ch1e, not quite level 9.

I have two questions/complaints.  Is there a way to predict/control which arrows he will yank out of his pack when he runs out?  It seems that almost every time he makes a bee-line for the special Poison or Vampire arrows I am trying to save up.  I suppose I could hide thos ein a bag or something, but that is extra fiddle.  Is there logic to what he chooses?

Also, when he was just a Fighter, he could use some cleric-type scrolls like Restoration and Cure Disease, but of course no arcane scrolls.  But since taking one Wiz level, he can use a few arcanes but has lost the ability to read those few divine ones (which are probably more useful to him).  That doesn't make sense to me - I know a Wiz can't use such spells but if a Fighter can why not a F/W?
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2005, 02:15:45 PM »
Quote from: "Thrugg"
I'm starting to really like my Archer.  He took a Wiz level and is now going to be AA for the next 10.  Just finished Ch1e, not quite level 9.

AA is one of my favorite classes. They rock. Plain and simple. :)

I have two questions/complaints.  Is there a way to predict/control which arrows he will yank out of his pack when he runs out?  It seems that almost every time he makes a bee-line for the special Poison or Vampire arrows I am trying to save up.  I suppose I could hide thos ein a bag or something, but that is extra fiddle.  Is there logic to what he chooses?

They will always reach for magic over non-magic. As for the logic, it's probably based on value or damage output or somesuch. Putting them in a bag won't matter (you can grab from those too). What I do is just carefully keep track of how many I have - whenever I even *suspect* I'm running low of normal ones, I drop a new stack in the equip slot. Also I keep a stack of normal ones hotkeyed so if I *do* accidentally runneth out and begin using my precious Arrows of Uberdoom I can quickly and easily switch to the normal ones.

Also, when he was just a Fighter, he could use some cleric-type scrolls like Restoration and Cure Disease, but of course no arcane scrolls.  But since taking one Wiz level, he can use a few arcanes but has lost the ability to read those few divine ones (which are probably more useful to him).  That doesn't make sense to me - I know a Wiz can't use such spells but if a Fighter can why not a F/W?

Sounds like a bug to me. There are a [very] few scrolls that are universal and anyone can use (lesser restoration and cure disease being two), but fighters don't have the ability to use any specifically-divine scrolls. Methinks you were bugged before and now you're not. ;)

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.