Author Topic: Split from NWN Builds thread  (Read 1909 times)

SirWarkof

• Ko
Split from NWN Builds thread
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 09:04:13 AM »
Quote from: "Luchaire"
Probably I'm overlooking something that Warkof can point out...

You are, actually.

Kama's are weapons, and thus, can be enchanted. They also have +Damage up to 10, unlike gloves. Better bypassing of monster DR.

The main selling point, however, is the added damage. Gloves can't get higher damage bonus then Kamas, both elemental and physical (Gloves, I believe, can only add to AB through non-elemental damage). Kamas also get enchantments not available to gloves, such as Haste. And there're two of the kamas, which means more enchanting all around. And the glove slot is freed, whereas hand-to-hand combat ties that up.

Also, you can become a Kama weapon master, which is pretty amazing with it's kama-related bonuses.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 10:22:12 AM »
Well, even then, all the damage bonuses you "could" get from Kamas would only go to make up the difference in damage between the 1d6 Kamas and your 1d20 fists ;).  Plus think of the number of feats you need to be able to dual-wield AND be a weapon master (Dodge, Mobility, Expertise, Spring Attack, Whirlwind, Two-Weapon Fighting, Ambidexterity, Improved Two-Weapon Fightning... you don't get extra feats as a monk, so you'll have to be lvl 18 or higher to get all of those).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 10:25:16 AM »
I'm a bit out of the NWN loop, so I lack the calculations to correctly back up what I state, sadly. I'll get around to that one day.

As for the matter of the extra feats needed for weapon mastering, that's what a Fighter's for. That, and Specializtion.

Drozz

• Court Jester
  • Fal
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 06:51:24 PM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
Can do. Will try to have it posted by Sat. evening :-)

:lala:

:lala:

Ummmmmmm, Lego, a little help?

:P

sbnvl

Just teasing.  Whenever you can get it posted, that would be great.  I've moved from the monk to a Dwarven defender.
Official Member of the Hole in the Head Gang
Drozz, Jbbto, Michelle and Daveinthebasement

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Theresa