Author Topic: HELP!!! :D  (Read 4057 times)

maxbeedo

• Lum
HELP!!! :D
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 01:35:43 PM »
Are you talking about the academy in the Beggar's Nest?  I've never been able to get there, and I've never seen any indication online that it's possible (there's no area-transition highlight on the door when you hover your mouse over it).  I don't remember seeing any other doors in the prelude.  The only force fields I know of in chapter 1 are in the house in the north WEST of the Beggar's Nest and one that prevents you from leaving the final area of the chapter.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 01:38:43 PM »
Err... the academy in SoU?

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 01:42:39 PM »
I THOUGHT it said "Academy".  No expansions here, just the basic game.

This place has a ton of bookshelves and a green haze to the area.  It was here that I resued the guard (forgot his name).  There is a doorway that looks like it has lightning bolts in it.  It doesn't hurt you, but you can't walk past.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2004, 01:45:51 PM »
Hrm... I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out where exactly you are (there's several "rescue the guard" situations) but I'm coming up blank.

Are you in the Peninsula District, Beggar's Nest, or Blacklake? (I don't recall any rescue-able guards in the docks, so we can rule that one out).

You gotta be more specific, man! :trout: :P

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2004, 01:47:34 PM »
Beggers Nest, sorry I forgot to mention that.

*edit*  It's not the wall that comes up when entering a new area.  There is clearly a room on the other side and you can see a stairway down on the far corner of the next room.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2004, 01:51:48 PM »
Beggar's Nest.

So you rescued the guard, Walters, after going into the warehouse and clobbering Drawl, the uber-egotistical zombie who swears he's immortal?

From there, the only place to go is back or down the stairs to the next level. The "lightning" looking door is the warded door that kept Walters the guard imprisoned. It *should* open when you click on it, allowing you to free Walters. But if you've already freed him, logic says you've already opened it...

So, basically, I'm confused. Just go down the stairs, dude. :P

EDIT: Or your game is bugged - if you can't open that "door" by clicking on it, then I dunno what to tell you. On the positive side, there's another way down to that level... Just leave the warehouse and keep playing in Beggar's Next til you find it. (Hint: Talk to someone named Jemanie).

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2004, 01:57:35 PM »
I can't get to the stairs!

Walters was in a cell in the same room with this funky doorway.  I let him out.  Come to think about it, I don't think I fought ANYTHING on this level.

I had already found the creature part, got back out to beggars nest and found this place.  All the zombies are gone.  Maybe that's the problem.

I could probably take a screen shot and email it to you.  Don't know how to upload images here.[/b]

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2004, 01:59:01 PM »
Oh. That's why. You already defeated Gulnan the Yuan ti? Then yeah, the area is cleared. Without killing Drawl, the door won't be able to be "triggered" to be opened. :)

EDIT: Clarification: When Gulnan dies, her minions die (such as Drawl). The game requires you kill Drawl in order to go down those stairs (prevents just running past him and going down). If he's already gone because you killed Gulnan, you can't trigger the script that allows the stairs to be accessible.

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2004, 02:03:21 PM »
Thanks for your patience!  At least now I know I can't go further.  I'll come here first next time!

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2004, 02:06:20 PM »
Shit. I should have read this post in the last half damn hour.

I knew where you were talking about, so I've been searching nwn.bioware.com for an answer, since I've never been able to get the door open myself.  :roll:

Oh well.

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2004, 02:07:39 PM »
Sorry Lego, I should have said I looked there last night, myself  :oops:

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2004, 02:10:35 PM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
I've never been able to get the door open myself.  :roll:

*chuckle*

*snort*

*points and laughs*

Myself, I always go in through the cult house, kill everything up to the Dire Spider, then leave and go back in through the warehouse and kill everything there - before proceeding on to the crypts. Why kill just one set of Gulnan's minions, when you can do both? :D

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2004, 02:16:15 PM »
@Ambar. Hey, no sweat. I don't have much else to do right now  :roll:

@Luch. It's tragic that I love you so incredibly much, because you do in fact suck  :P

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »
Yeah I do the same thing Luch, although usually I just kill Drawl first, then Gulnan, then while I'm going back through the Beggar's Next to complete the quests I drop by the snake cult house for a visit ;).  That way is still open whether or not you kill Gulnan first.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2004, 02:15:36 AM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
I love you so incredibly much, because you do in fact suck  :P

Hey, that's OK you love each other, but fon't feel compelled to describe your sexual relationships here!