Author Topic: Baldurs Gate II Tips  (Read 956 times)

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
Baldurs Gate II Tips
« on: March 23, 2004, 09:10:26 PM »
Well I think this is the place for it even though this is really for NWN
Anyway ive got the game and have been playing it for a while but im not very far at all yet, What im looking for is general gameplay tips for someone like me who has never played the game ever before. Why do you start out at level 7? I find it very hard to play even on the easiest diff and i just cant get into the habit of pausing all the time ( too much D2) So any advice on how to play the game properly would be great thanks.
My main char is a Paladin level 8 and uses long swords and two handed swords.

thanks heaps
Corpsie

PapaStache

• Yo Daddy
  • Fal
Re: Baldurs Gate II Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 07:36:10 AM »
Quote from: "Corpsie"
Well I think this is the place for it even though this is really for NWN
Anyway ive got the game and have been playing it for a while but im not very far at all yet, What im looking for is general gameplay tips for someone like me who has never played the game ever before. Why do you start out at level 7? I find it very hard to play even on the easiest diff and i just cant get into the habit of pausing all the time ( too much D2) So any advice on how to play the game properly would be great thanks.
My main char is a Paladin level 8 and uses long swords and two handed swords.

thanks heaps
Corpsie

It has been a very long time since I have played this game, but I will councel you as best I can.

You start out at level 7 because that is the expected level you would have attained in BG1.

As for combat, you will have a very tuff time if you do not pause frequently to issue commands.  Many of the enemy are really tuff and combat events change dynamically.  Unexpected things can happen and you must continually adjust your tactics.

About tips:  there is a player's guide you can probably buy from an E-book store somewhere if you want that kind of help.  The one I had was very good.  It gave you only the level of help you wanted.  There may still be some BG2 forums also, if you want that kind of help.

I personally don't like game forums myself. :lol:  :P
No unauthorized use of this space.  Violators will be towed away at their own expense.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 01:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "PapaStache"
I personally don't like game forums myself. :lol:  :P

:spank:

Now that I've got that out of the way....  :P  :lol:

This forum belongs to BG2 as much as it does to kotor, nwn or any other bioware game!!! Feel free to post to your hearts content on it ;-)

I personally will probably spam the place up but good when Jade Empire is released!  :D

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
Baldurs Gate II Tips
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 02:53:27 PM »
It has been a very long time since I have played this game, but I will councel you as best I can.

You start out at level 7 because that is the expected level you would have attained in BG1.

As for combat, you will have a very tuff time if you do not pause frequently to issue commands. Many of the enemy are really tuff and combat events change dynamically. Unexpected things can happen and you must continually adjust your tactics.

About tips: there is a player's guide you can probably buy from an E-book store somewhere if you want that kind of help. The one I had was very good. It gave you only the level of help you wanted. There may still be some BG2 forums also, if you want that kind of help.

I personally don't like game forums myself.  

ok thank for the help ill look around for some BG2 forums.

An Legolas you can spam all you want in this thread!

fitzWinter

• Ith
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 12:34:46 PM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
Quote from: "PapaStache"

I personally will probably spam the place up but good when Jade Empire is released!  :D

Whats Jade Empire?

Baldurs Gate II Tips
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 01:38:48 AM »
Jade Empire is the new game that Bioware is working on mow.  It's a RPG set in medieval China.  Check out http://www.bioware.com
Wanted: witty yet interesting sig-line.  Call me for more information.