Author Topic: NWN character advancement speed  (Read 1978 times)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
NWN character advancement speed
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 05:41:26 PM »
Check this and this out to see what you're missing Mic ;)

Cheers Beorn, but I'm not much into modding games.  The designers get paid to balance things properly, even if they don't always do a good job, they are generally still more reliable than Some Dude with No Accountability :P  I know, I know, that's an inflammatory opinion.  Sorry.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

MicTar

• CyberChaun
  • Ber
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 05:45:34 PM »
I have those classes in my char creation but cant get to themas they are faded out.

So now I know!

~~
Winner of the The Man Who Wore Out All The Straight Jackets While Escaping From His Own Sanity award! Presented by PapaStache
Owner of The Banshee's Wail come in and have a !!!! MAY YOUR LIFE BE GOLDEN AND GREEN!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin
"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."~Friar Tuck
"Guiness is like drinking velvet...it's a somewhat-acquired taste, but once acquired, hard to shake."~ATCJazz
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."~Stephen Wright
"He was a wise man who invented beer.~Plato
"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"~Brian O'Rourke
"I cut my lip on a gummy fish!"~Dave in the Basement
"I still pick up els! Maybe one day I will be able to cube a zon!!!"~Drozz
"I'm strange, odd, and eccentric, all rolled into one."~nanenjakaSnowy
"...every time you MicType God kills a kitten. Why do you think Mic does it so often?"~Minor_Diety

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 06:48:26 PM »
Don't feel bad, Thrugg. Luch and I strongly DO NOT recommend the PRC packs, aka Strat packs. I love Strat, but the classes are, well... I would say game-ruining, but overpowered and completely unbalancing is probably a more friendly way to say it LOL.

Beorn

• Sol
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 02:31:14 PM »
You can always balence them yourself. Start the game a few levels lower than normal, place restrictions on yourself, stuff like that.

I see your point about some being overpowered, but the variety they add to the game is just plain awesome IMO.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 08:02:14 PM »
And that is the simple beauty of NWN, and why nobody places such purist restrictions as on D2.

It's meant to be fiddled with and modded. Just because we don't recommend them, doesn't mean they're bad or illegal. ;-)

Do as thou whilst to thine own machine :-)

janr

• Tir
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 09:10:17 AM »
Quote from: "Luchaire"
Online play, it all depends on the world you choose. I know of one server where level 40 chars can be achieved [using that term loosely] in a week. The one I play on, however, is capped at level 25 and that takes a good several months to a year or more to earn.

Same here, I play PW Avlis and it's taken me over a year to get my sorceress to level 31. I've played a lot to get to that level. Most folks who spend a more reasonable amount of time in the game can expect it to take much longer.
ribel, human sorceress, Avlis PW (NWN)
Eowen, Night Elf priestess, Argent Dawn (WoW)