Author Topic: OMG I'm a freaking idiot  (Read 770 times)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
OMG I'm a freaking idiot
« on: December 25, 2004, 05:30:02 PM »
I won't ask you to promise not to laugh.  The following is laughable.  And it is the season for being jolly, after all.

Back before I became hopelessly addicted to D2, I played all the Bioware 2nd Ed rules based games - BG, IWD, ToSC, HoW, BG2, IWD2, BG2:ToB...
Then when I heard about NWN I thought, well, sounds like more of the same, just with the 3rd Ed rules that I never played PnP with and don't really understand - so I gave it a miss.

Only now, believe it or not, do I realise that it is not another top-down 2D game and that it is built on the same engine that KotOR is built on.  Which I have been finding extremely cool.

So, now I have about 100000 hours of new games to play, as soon as Best Buy opens tomorrow morning.  Sigh.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Beorn

• Sol
OMG I'm a freaking idiot
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:35:37 PM »
:lol:

Hahaha...erm..

Uh, have fun ;)

EDIT: Be sure to get the expansions, n00b.

MicTar

• CyberChaun
  • Ber
OMG I'm a freaking idiot
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 11:36:23 PM »
Thrugg :lol:  have fun!  

I have been sucked into KOTOR and I keep being amazed at some of the similiarities between NWN and KOTOR.  They have their vast differences but the things I liked in NWN that they brought over are pretty cool!

~~
Winner of the The Man Who Wore Out All The Straight Jackets While Escaping From His Own Sanity award! Presented by PapaStache
Owner of The Banshee's Wail come in and have a !!!! MAY YOUR LIFE BE GOLDEN AND GREEN!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin
"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."~Friar Tuck
"Guiness is like drinking velvet...it's a somewhat-acquired taste, but once acquired, hard to shake."~ATCJazz
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."~Stephen Wright
"He was a wise man who invented beer.~Plato
"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"~Brian O'Rourke
"I cut my lip on a gummy fish!"~Dave in the Basement
"I still pick up els! Maybe one day I will be able to cube a zon!!!"~Drozz
"I'm strange, odd, and eccentric, all rolled into one."~nanenjakaSnowy
"...every time you MicType God kills a kitten. Why do you think Mic does it so often?"~Minor_Diety

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
OMG I'm a freaking idiot
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 04:36:41 PM »
Update: got the Platinum edition with all the expansions and have read the manual cover to cover which is an excellent way to speed up a 15 hour plane flight.

But KotOR won't let me install NWN yet until I have finished my 4th char.  Had to do both LS and DS with both a fighter type and a caster type to feel done.  I know, I know, I should probably do something a bit wierd like a neutral char or a (ugh) rogue type (imo so far Powers > Feats >>>>> Skills) but NWN is a-calling.

And I saved DS fighter for last  :twisted:
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Reigns

• Parsley Boy
  • Lem
OMG I'm a freaking idiot
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 07:46:55 AM »
*Shakes head sadly*
Oh Thrugg, you poor, deluded nube...

sbnvl
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
OMG I'm a freaking idiot
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 08:26:04 AM »
Get a move on to NWN.  It is a good time.  Much happiness will ensue as you start to build your characters.