Author Topic: Beginning Stats for Scoundrel/Guardian  (Read 8369 times)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
Beginning Stats for Scoundrel/Guardian
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2004, 10:14:49 AM »
OK, back again - apparently I suck at swoop racing.
I breezed through the plot-required one on Taris no problem, but it took me 20 tries to even beat the tier 1 time on Tatooine.
I admit I am not generally good at the fast-twitch stuff, but something like this where it is the same every time, I usually find practice makes perfect.  However, I seem to have hit a limit, even if I don't make any mistakes (miss a pad or hit a rock) and hit the shift as soon as it says to, I am only recording high 23s times (tier 1 is 23.90, tier 2 is 23.45 or something).

I did a few runs at low speed so I could map out the track, and I don't think the line I am taking is too bad.  There a a couple of pads past halfway that I just can't hit at the speed I am going, but I figure that is OK.

I hate leaving quests behind, even if it doesn't really matter.

Help?  :(   I thought maybe I'm not controlling it the best way (using A and D with space bar to shift)?
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2004, 10:19:29 AM »
In all honesty, I don't know.

The swoop tracks after Taris were always buggy and slow, and I haven't reached them after installing new video card drivers and WinXP.

But you're not alone. We can form a club.

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2004, 10:47:03 AM »
Sadly, there's no secret but practice, practce, practice.

You need to know the races almost by heart to get as many boost arrows as you can. I think there is a faq on gamefaqs about it, with basic "plans" of the circuits.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2004, 11:04:23 AM »
OK, just wanted to say thanks all, I finished it for the first time last night, and by the end my char was having an easy time of it.  

This didn't matter in the end because the last battle was no problem, but I did have one last question out of curiosity - (tries to avoid spoilers) the things of which there are nine in the room for the last battle, I could target them, but I only had two force powers that I could select - and neither did anything.  Am I to assume there are other force powers that may have done something, that I just didn't have?  My second time through will be less Guardiany and more Consulary so it may be useful to know.

My final char was probably not a standard build, as I decided the force powers were so fun that I wandered away from the pure Soldier/Guardian build I started out aiming for.

Soldier 5 Guardian 15 Light Side Master
18 Str (inc +3 LSM bonus and +3 Sith Power Gloves)
23 Dex (inc +4 Adv Alac implant)
12 Con
8 Int
27 Wis (inc +5 Star Forge Robes, +5 Circlet of Serash)
14 Cha
260 Vit points, 250 Force points <- this really was the fun bit
27 Defence
17/19/19 saves

Skills were weak obviously (just Persuade and Treat), but had max Two Weapon and Critical for fighting, and max Implant and Toughness for buffing.  Force powers were Cure, Speed, Valour obviously, and also Push and Stun, all maxed.

Wielded dual sabers, before going to the final planet I went to Yavin and blew my savings on the two uber crystals, and had Mantle/Solari/Damind in one and Heart/Krayt/Upari in the other.  Which kicks some dark side butt.

The hard part by the end was choosing whether to hit everything for 2 lots of 50 points each round or to knock them over with my irresistable Force Wave.  Heh heh.

Already started a DS Scoundrel/Consular beeatch, and finding it much harder early on (not surprisingly).  I suck at playing sorcs.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2004, 12:04:37 PM »
I had the most HORRIBLE experiences my first couple of times trying the scoundrel/consular (sorc) route. I mostly got slapped around and pwned till I restarted as a Scout. But last time I tried it, for some reason, I kicked buutocs. Went with 1 saber, Crit Strike, split it 7/13.

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2004, 12:17:59 PM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
I had the most HORRIBLE experiences my first couple of times trying the scoundrel/consular (sorc) route. I mostly got slapped around and pwned till I restarted as a Scout. But last time I tried it, for some reason, I kicked buutocs. Went with 1 saber, Crit Strike, split it 7/13.

Once you start that dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Take heed of the Mictar side.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2004, 12:37:38 PM »
That's literally how it's pronounced in these here parts, like "Boo-tocks"

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2004, 01:19:32 PM »
Good job Thrugg!

Yup, Force Wave is waayy too powerful. Stun, Area of Effect, damage in one Force Power.

Oh, and as no one answered your question, yes, some powers can be effective on the "chambers" as you called them. Life Drain (and its upgraded version, Death Field) is an example, I don't remember the other ones.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2004, 01:56:57 PM »
Quote from: "Mad Godji"
Oh, and as no one answered your question, yes, some powers can be effective on the "chambers" as you called them. Life Drain (and its upgraded version, Death Field) is an example, I don't remember the other ones.

Destroy droid.

(Perhaps the most useful lightside power)

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2004, 02:29:53 PM »
1: Agreed. Destroy Droid is the single Force Power that ALL builds of ANY type MUST have. All others are, to a certain extent, debatable (and sometimes redundant), but NOT this one ;-)

2: Throw lightsaber also works very well in that "situation" Thrugg ;-)

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2004, 02:35:29 PM »
I usually let Jolee be the "Destroy Droid" user in my party seeing he always has the two first levels of that power.

But I 101.92% agree on its usefulness.

Jedi44

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2004, 04:35:39 PM »
Hmm, the Destroy Droid is very useful in KOTOR 1. KOTOR 2? No thanks...
ool people (i.e., people who have multiplayered with me): Mythological, Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Mankey

Could you be next?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were boots that could make you jump all the way into space. Then you would die. That last part would suck, but the other part is awesome.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2004, 08:30:14 AM »
A game-maker making a list of the most over-powered skills in the first game and then nerfing them all in the new version?!  Inconceivable!

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2004, 09:52:39 AM »
Quote from: "Thrugg"
A game-maker making a list of the most over-powered skills in the first game and then nerfing them all in the new version?!  Inconceivable!

Not the sort of things which would happen with Diablo! ;) :P