Author Topic: Beginning Stats for Scoundrel/Guardian  (Read 8374 times)

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
Beginning Stats for Scoundrel/Guardian
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 09:04:25 AM »
Ok. I just got off the phone with him. He says he has 2 already, and wouldn't know where to graft a third.

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2004, 09:24:34 AM »
Then ask him what happens if they shoot three bullets at him.

Also, we need to organize a hostile takeover of GO by the Bioware sub-forum.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2004, 12:46:47 PM »
Quote from: "SirWarkof"
Then ask him what happens if they shoot three bullets at him.

Also, we need to organize a hostile takeover of GO by the Bioware sub-forum.

He says you have a point.

Now, who'shand do we send him?[/i]

nanenj

• Administrator
  • Ko
-Quells the rebellion-
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2004, 07:49:45 PM »
No hostile takeovers allowed.

Cute Fairy Rule #223 Subsection A Paragraph 4 clearly states.:  NO HOSTILE TAKEOVERS!

So, nyah.

Also, in 2 hours, I'll have knights of the old republic :D fun fun :D

Jedi44

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2004, 12:06:18 AM »
Rachel, we're Jedi.

We do what we want.

Once we conquer the rest of the forums, can I have the Bar all to myself?
ool people (i.e., people who have multiplayered with me): Mythological, Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Mankey

Could you be next?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were boots that could make you jump all the way into space. Then you would die. That last part would suck, but the other part is awesome.

nanenj

• Administrator
  • Ko
No. :P
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2004, 03:43:31 AM »
See above, that's No.  It's the opposite of Yes.

SirWarkof

• Ko
Re: -Quells the rebellion-
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2004, 04:48:52 AM »
Quote from: "Snowfairy"
Cute Fairy Rule #223 Subsection A Paragraph 4 clearly states.:  NO HOSTILE TAKEOVERS!

I AM THE LAW!

And I declare we can take over.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2004, 12:13:56 PM »
Rise, Lord Wafkof.

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2004, 12:34:28 PM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
Rise, Lord Wafkof.

Man, fuck the dark side. Obviously, the most nefarious power in the universe is the Typo.

This theory made sense, until it occurred to me that MicTar must be the leader of the most powerful power there is. There's a spoke in the wheel, right there.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2004, 12:48:30 PM »
Dammit, you have exposed me as Darth Typonus.

You will have to be promptly dealt with.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2004, 10:57:59 AM »
If we may briefly steer this thread vaguely back towards computer gaming...

So you may well be entertained to know that on Sunday morning my usually hardline stance on games that aren't called Diablo buckled and I installed KOTOR.  Some trepidation with this, as my computer is less than cutting edge.  However the installer was very helpful and told me the only problem was my old video drivers, and upgraded them for me :)  I still get a yellow warning light (I have a GeForce 440 MX as it seems is common around here) but may I say, game ran flawlessly, with all video options on, for 12 hours straight, from when it finished installing until I realised it was 1:20 this morning  :roll:  :lol:

OMG this is teh fun.  And I know I am barely a smidge into the game (just resuced the accelerator, haven't done the swoop race yet).  A paltry return for an entire day's play, I imagine, but I like to take my time with a new game (I think I talked to every single NPC on Taris...)

So, some noob questions, of course.  As is my style, I started my first char as a Soldier planning to be Guardian (Light).  Me Thrugg, me smash stuff good.  I have read a bit around, and am fairly confident that I know what I am doing with my main char.  But I am not nearly so sure about the party members.

Do they get to become Jedi too?  Do I want them to?  Do things befall them (ie I don't want to rely on one of my helpers being the only one who can use the computer if he/she is going to sod off halfway through the game)?  Any general advice on team management greatly appreciated.

I'm currently sitting with my party all having about enough exp to go up to level 6 but still sitting on 4 - I want my main char to go 4/16 but if the others aren't ever going to Jedi up I could use the extra HP and skills :P
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2004, 11:21:40 AM »
Q: Are NWN characters allowed to participate in the take over of the forums or is only for you prissy Jedi types?

Jedi44

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2004, 11:51:30 AM »
Pretty sure only masters of the Force will be able to conquer the other forums. Maybe you NWN types could make sure a nice warm meal is waiting for the conquerors when we get back?
ool people (i.e., people who have multiplayered with me): Mythological, Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Mankey

Could you be next?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were boots that could make you jump all the way into space. Then you would die. That last part would suck, but the other part is awesome.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2004, 01:24:05 PM »
Quote from: "Thrugg"
Do they get to become Jedi too?

No.

Do things befall them (ie I don't want to rely on one of my helpers being the only one who can use the computer if he/she is going to sod off halfway through the game)?

Yep. But to answer this without spoilers would be impossible. Suffice to say, though, relying on them is pretty much a given - as there is no way to build a character who can do everything. As a light-side character, you won't need to worry about the "befalling" as much though. ;)

I'm currently sitting with my party all having about enough exp to go up to level 6 but still sitting on 4 - I want my main char to go 4/16 but if the others aren't ever going to Jedi up I could use the extra HP and skills :P

If you're holding levels, the ideal mix has been statistically proven (over and over ad nauseum) to be 5/15 - regardless of class. Personally I don't recommend this. The game is easy enough to beat without this powergaming/twinkie tactic, and just "playing it through" without min/maxing everything is far more fun and rewarding in the end.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2004, 01:51:58 PM »
Cheers Luch.

One other thing that I totally forgot in my post - upgrading items.  I am an "examine every corner and take everything that isn't tied down" type of player so I have already got a few upgradeable items and upgrades for them.  I figured that I might as well use upgrades on items I am currently wearing as soon as I find them.  But is one (items or upgrades) more plentiful than the other?  ie Should I save either for better versions later in the game (kinda like I never socket jewels in D2 because I always think I'll find a better base item :) )?
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864