Author Topic: Yay, NWN Module-y goodness.  (Read 560 times)

nanenj

• Administrator
  • Ko
Yay, NWN Module-y goodness.
« on: December 20, 2004, 03:47:32 PM »
Bwee, something silly, but amazingly adept at keeping me interested when  I was playing something that had a similar idea, just in my own opinion poorly executed.

Of course role-playing is fun, etc, etc, ad-nauseum.  But, what happened to the good old dungeoncrawls?

So, I've started work on one.  The concept, the world knows of the riches these areas provide, and a market has sprung up around providing the adventurers that wish to risk their life travelling inside.  A central staging area with access to all the lands various 'resources' for adventurers.  

Of course, the plot pretty much ends there, from the staging area there are multiple portals to various difficulty levels of dungeons.  Boring to the nth degree for some.  But, yet a homage to some of the best games ever made.  (Angband, ADOM, Nethack, etc. etc.)  Populate the dungeons with monsters that drop various magical items so on and so forth, the adventurers come up and sell what they don't need and younger adventurers later buy those resources.

Oh well, just bored and thought I'd post :P Knowing the group here though, not sure if this concept is the least bit exciting :P