Author Topic: Kotor dilemma (major spoiler inside)  (Read 706 times)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Kotor dilemma (major spoiler inside)
« on: November 17, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »
Spoilers - do not read if you don't want a plot ruined for you

I recently finished the 4th planet (Manaan) with my scout/sentinel (who rocks, by the way) - currently on the Leviathon, having been rudely abducted on my way to Korriban.

Anyway, I'm curious about the trial of Sunry on Manaan. He did the deed. He should be guilty. Yet, if he admits guilt, it sours things for the Republic and probably ends up with him in the deep-fryer. And trying to get him off scot-free (a murderer, after all) doesn't fit well in the light-side, honor-bound persona of my character. In the end, I ended up doing a half-ass job of defending him, never actually admitting his guilt, but making sure he didn't get away with it.

I'm just wondering how else people have approached this case? Darksiders seem to have this one easier - just bribe people and get him released or let him cook, no prob. There's no such easy way out for a lightsider that I saw.

Anyway, despite the measly 300xp for the amount of time spent on the case (no doubt a low reward for my lackluster court performance), I loved the quest. It really forced some thinking along the lines of "What would this character REALLY do here?" This plot - and others in Kotor - are what make Bioware so awesome. ;)

Thoughts? Input? Rotten tomatoes?

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 06:38:39 AM »
I agree. It's these things that really make the game shine.

I've tried to look at it from every angle, and Pandora has been enlisted to help me, with no luck.

From one angle, yeah, you have him on video. Justice, a Jedi cornerstone, demands this be brought to light.

Yet, you have also sworn to protect and promote the Republic. Exposing it could result in the largest diplomatic incident in the Republic's history, and losing the kolto supply would absolutely guarantee the Republic's fall to the Sith.

And then, you have been appointed as his defender. That role requires you to try your hardest for his release, regardless of your personal feelings or evidence.

Add to that that there is no LS or DS point reward, and the course is even more ambiguous.

I have always defended him as best I could, without flat-out lying. But it has always left a bad taste in my mouth.

I think that the only way to look at it is which is the lesser of two evils, as you will HAVE to compromise your integrity SOMEWHERE.

As you said above, this is one of the reasons I love this game in particular and Bioware in general. There is no black or white here, only shades of gray, and while there are of course consequences, there are no penalties, per se, except to your own conscience.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 11:46:34 AM »
O....kay....

Just got to the end of the Leviathon escape thing.

Am I the only idiot that never saw the whole Revan mind-wipe thing coming? Heh.  :oops:

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:05:58 PM »
Quote from: "Luchaire"
O....kay....

Just got to the end of the Leviathon escape thing.

Am I the only idiot that never saw the whole Revan mind-wipe thing coming? Heh.  :oops:

Nope. It never even entered my mind. Totally blindsided by that one too ;-)

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 12:12:18 PM »
I was sure, for the length of the game, that either Bastila or myself was Revan in disguise.

It would've been totally awesome if Bastila was.

Jedi44

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 03:52:34 PM »
Quote from: "SirWarkof"
I was sure, for the length of the game, that either Bastila or myself was Revan in disguise.

It would've been totally awesome if Bastila was.

How would that one have worked? Revan took over her body right after she confronted him, or what? *scratches his head*
ool people (i.e., people who have multiplayered with me): Mythological, Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Mankey

Could you be next?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were boots that could make you jump all the way into space. Then you would die. That last part would suck, but the other part is awesome.