Author Topic: KOTOR is teh mine.  (Read 2439 times)

MicTar

• CyberChaun
  • Ber
KOTOR is teh mine.
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2004, 09:38:29 AM »
cruciable.com

that site will get ya the right type of RAM.

~~
Winner of the The Man Who Wore Out All The Straight Jackets While Escaping From His Own Sanity award! Presented by PapaStache
Owner of The Banshee's Wail come in and have a !!!! MAY YOUR LIFE BE GOLDEN AND GREEN!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin
"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."~Friar Tuck
"Guiness is like drinking velvet...it's a somewhat-acquired taste, but once acquired, hard to shake."~ATCJazz
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."~Stephen Wright
"He was a wise man who invented beer.~Plato
"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"~Brian O'Rourke
"I cut my lip on a gummy fish!"~Dave in the Basement
"I still pick up els! Maybe one day I will be able to cube a zon!!!"~Drozz
"I'm strange, odd, and eccentric, all rolled into one."~nanenjakaSnowy
"...every time you MicType God kills a kitten. Why do you think Mic does it so often?"~Minor_Diety

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
KOTOR is teh mine.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2004, 09:55:14 AM »
Quote from: "Butch"
EDIT:  So as I use a Dell Latitude would it be safe to assume that RAM made by Dell for the Latitude family of products is what would be needed?  Is it as simple as getting something like this and plugging it in?

Yes :-)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
KOTOR is teh mine.
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2004, 12:52:20 PM »
Quote from: "Butch"
EDIT:  So as I use a Dell Latitude would it be safe to assume that RAM made by Dell for the Latitude family of products is what would be needed?  Is it as simple as getting something like this and plugging it in?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=A0012234&c=us&l=en&cs=19&ManufactSelection=694&FamilySelection=Latitude&ModelSelection=122520&page=MemConfigProductListing.aspx

Yeah that memory would work.

Yes, it just plugs right in - but make sure you are grounded or you can short-circuit something critical, like the motherboard.

Last, I didn't realize you were playing on a laptop. That could be half the problem... from what I understand (limited knowledge, to be sure), laptops aren't so hot for videogaming, especially a graphics-intensive one like kotor. But experts might disagree...

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Jedi44

KOTOR is teh mine.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »
I run my copy on a laptop, and the performance does suffer a bit when compared to my desktop. But it manages just fine ;)
ool people (i.e., people who have multiplayered with me): Mythological, Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Mankey

Could you be next?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were boots that could make you jump all the way into space. Then you would die. That last part would suck, but the other part is awesome.

Butch

• Minister of Divine Fermentation
  • Mal
  • Supplanter of the ole-time god of wisdom - 2012
    • Raise Your Pints
KOTOR is teh mine.
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2004, 01:25:08 PM »
Well fellas, it looks like it may be 6 months or so before I can play this damn game.  I hope to get my new notebook then.  It is horrible trying to play now.  Stupid RAM.

Butch
"Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God."
  - Martin Luther