Author Topic: another NWN addict...  (Read 757 times)

cloudy

• Shael
another NWN addict...
« on: November 06, 2004, 01:06:02 AM »
who need direction badly... I started out with fighter for a bit, but I've probably made and deleted 5 or more characters now. Somehow, a plain fighter just seems too... plain. The fighter has done a lot better than any of my other characters though :P Any stat/skill/feat recommendations for general melee characters is welcome.

Also, what purpose do books, gems, and various alcoholic drinks serve? (I'm guessing that the books are purely flavor material?)
I quit D2 a long time ago, still in the process of giving away my stuff for free. Please make requests ;) [1.11/1.12 items only]

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
another NWN addict...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 06:43:10 AM »
A pure fighter is the most deadly character in the game, IMO.

My Legolas build is pure fighter. With the ungodly amount of feats, along with Weapon Spec, it's a killer. Two short swords, with all the accompanying, feats, longbow, again with all accompanying feats, and Dev. Crit. for both, all by L25 ;-)

It's all in how you play them :-)

Drozz

• Court Jester
  • Fal
another NWN addict...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 08:11:43 AM »
(just for Sssith) Yes, I'm also a NWN addict. :P  :lol:

Actually, currently I have stepped away from the game after just purchasing NWN in August.  I'm back with D2 for a little while.  Hey, what can I say?  My heroine addiction was greater than my cocaine addiction. :P

But, I'll be back soon enough to join the rest of you.  NWN is a great game, and there is a wealth of information here among members in this forum.  I currently have around five or six chars, and was actively playing two of them, a pale master (very cool class) and a paladin/Champion of Torm.
Official Member of the Hole in the Head Gang
Drozz, Jbbto, Michelle and Daveinthebasement

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Theresa

cloudy

• Shael
another NWN addict...
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 10:50:33 AM »
someone give me a guide, or what skills (not) to take, or something :P
I quit D2 a long time ago, still in the process of giving away my stuff for free. Please make requests ;) [1.11/1.12 items only]

BubbleTough

• Shael
    • http://bubbletough.deviantart.com/
another NWN addict...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 01:29:40 PM »
Well what kind of fighter are you playing? One that wields two weapons? A two-handed weapon? One-handed/shield? Is he a Finesse Fighter (high dex, not very high strength)? What about the class? As the class will usually determine how high certain stats should go at character creation. Generally, if you are going the brute fighter (not a finesse fighter) you'll want to start out with a Str of at least 16, and a Con of at least 14. Int should be at least 9 or 10, unless you are playing below 9 for RP reasons.

The great thing about Fighters is they have soooooooo many Feats. Hence the reason why Lego was able to specialize in both a melee weapon, with the appropriate skills, and a ranged weapon.

One of the first steps of creating fighter is chosing the weapon or weapons you want. After that, this will be your main weapon. A Fighter should have all of the Feats associated with that weapon, Weapon Focus, Imp. Crit, Weapon Spec., plus a few more if you want. If you chose to use 2 weapons, you'll want to make sure you get Two-Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity (then you'll want to have a dex of 15+, the min requirement ). Other than the specific weapon Feats, you'll want what are considered the staples for most Fighters.

Power Attack, Cleave, and Knockdown are the main 3, with options for Imp. Knockdown, Great Cleave, Toughness, and Dodge (or whatever fits the flavor of your character). Expertise/Imp. Expertise, Blind Fighting, Called Shot, and Disarm/Imp. Disarm are less used, but still great Feats. If you use a ranged weapon, you'll want to get Point Blank Shot and Rapid Shot (or +Rapid Reload, -Rapid Shot if you use a crossbow).

Certain items like Diamonds, Dragon Blood, and Fairy Dust are used for crafting weapons and armor. Other items, like Alexandrite and Fluorspar are pretty useless in the OC. Same thing for Books and Alcohol, just for flavor. They all play a different role in Mythos though :wink:
color=indigo][size=10]1.11 Vanilla LOD[/size][/color]

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
another NWN addict...
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 06:31:52 PM »
*beats the crap out of Drozz

Start playing the game again or ....

Welcome aboard cloudy!!  It is a good time.

I have a Barb/Fighter that is very fun.  Tons of hit points and he does loads of damage.  Other than that I have a Gnome Wizard who I am enjoying playing.

MicTar

• CyberChaun
  • Ber
another NWN addict...
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 06:36:42 PM »
Quote from: "Sssith"

Welcome aboard cloudy!!  It is a good time.

I have a Barb/Fighter that is very fun.  Tons of hit points and he does loads of damage.  Other than that I have a Gnome Wizard who I am enjoying playing.

or what!!!  Ya know my char is sitting on the side lines for the time being!

Welcome to the game Cloudy hope ya enjoy it as much as I have!

~~
Winner of the The Man Who Wore Out All The Straight Jackets While Escaping From His Own Sanity award! Presented by PapaStache
Owner of The Banshee's Wail come in and have a !!!! MAY YOUR LIFE BE GOLDEN AND GREEN!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin
"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."~Friar Tuck
"Guiness is like drinking velvet...it's a somewhat-acquired taste, but once acquired, hard to shake."~ATCJazz
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."~Stephen Wright
"He was a wise man who invented beer.~Plato
"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"~Brian O'Rourke
"I cut my lip on a gummy fish!"~Dave in the Basement
"I still pick up els! Maybe one day I will be able to cube a zon!!!"~Drozz
"I'm strange, odd, and eccentric, all rolled into one."~nanenjakaSnowy
"...every time you MicType God kills a kitten. Why do you think Mic does it so often?"~Minor_Diety

Drozz

• Court Jester
  • Fal
another NWN addict...
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »
Quote from: "Sssith"

:lol:  :roflmao:  :lmao:  :lmao!:

Ah, my pale master is going to have a very good time destroying your half-orc when they meet.  And, they will meet.  Oh yes, they will in due time. :twisted:
Official Member of the Hole in the Head Gang
Drozz, Jbbto, Michelle and Daveinthebasement

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Theresa

moo-cow

• Sol
  • Crazy Settler
another NWN addict...
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 09:50:24 PM »
i have my copy that fell off the side of the internet...

i played it for a bit about 2 months ago, switched back to d2 for a while, mainly due to computer problems.  got sidetracked again with the eq2beta and now again with the wow open beta, but we'll see if i get hooked or not.
Living in a linux world since October 2010.

FROLFFREAK IS MY HERO FOR FREEWARE GAMES

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
another NWN addict...
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 09:37:41 PM »
A Cleric is also a powerhouse in the game, very fun and very deadly with alot of buffs and can get some good offense spells. Depends alot on what 2 Domains you chose Magic and Air are very good for a non-pure Cleric you get Call Lightning which is a very good offensive spell and a blast to use.:)

They are my favorite class and a good play never boring you can go the Pure Cleric route or make a BattleCleric who is more offensive oriented, which is usually what I play.

Just my thoughts

GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean