Author Topic: *Kicks his computer*  (Read 1056 times)

Beorn

• Sol
*Kicks his computer*
« on: March 18, 2004, 07:15:59 PM »
Cave of Songs mod. Great mod, right? One of those mods where you start playing and can't stop. Right? Yes it is, and I did that today.

It all started innocent enough, I had some time to kill, so I fired up NWN, and startd a new halfing rogue in the mod. I suddenly find myself consumed by it,  taking breaks just to chat on IRC, get some food, and other various necessary stuff ;)

Morning turned into lunch, lunch into evening, and now evening into night. Just when I was about to call it a night, my frickin' comp randomly shuts off for no apparent reason. Luckily for me I had quicksaved just before. I reboot, go to load the quicksave, and boom, it's corrupt. A days work down the drain :( The actual save file was from so far back it's to discouraging to start over.

Damnit, damnit, damnit :(

Thank you for listening to my random ranting of the day.

Good night

spider8bug

• Thul
*Kicks his computer*
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 11:39:42 PM »
:( that's too bad.

[send's some choclate + coockies + sweet dreams.]

/spider
size=9]
:: It is said that Master Yagyu once remarked,
"I do not know the way to defeat others, but the way to defeat myself." ::
Hagakure by Tsunetomo Yamamoto
[/size]

Shade

• Ith
*Kicks his computer*
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 02:33:22 AM »
Ugh, nasty things indeed.

On the plus side, at least that's the worst that happened... could've been worse.

Good luck with going back through it, and hopefully your comp will play nice this time :)
urrently playing: Nicha Brown, Rogue/Assassin (NWN:HotU)
Dislikes: Being called a 'rouge'

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
*Kicks his computer*
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 05:21:29 AM »
That's when I learnt to love Norton Unerase.

I had the same problem with KOTOR, a crash after a quicksave which happened to be corrupt, and I just had to restore a few files from the previous quicksave.

I lost about 5 mins of game :P

Misty~Dawn

• Elite Unique
*Kicks his computer*
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 05:23:34 AM »
Considering I'n a "G" key junkie, that kinda scares me.......I tend to make an actual save when quiting or between chapters, but other than that, it's G key, ALOT.

Oh, BTW, can you get that mod at NwN Vault?

Once I finish the HoTU OC, I'll be looking into new modules. I'd like to find some higher lvl ones too, so I can get some good use out of my Arcane Archer.