Author Topic: Baldurs Gate 2 and expansion..  (Read 624 times)

Camulonus

• Demon Hunter
Baldurs Gate 2 and expansion..
« on: August 16, 2004, 03:03:56 PM »
Who plays this game??I just bought it, and is it me or is this game dame hard...I set my mode to novice and I am still getting my ass beat....Bah lol...Its fun though...I love designing characters and such...but its fun...

Bahgoon

• Sol
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 06:12:58 PM »
I've been playing it recently. There are some butt puckering fights in there but most can be handled if you use 'stragety' and 'tictacs'. Heh, I've found that the smaller my party, the less chance of being wiped out by the mega baddies. Easier to protect one character than six. As a hint, those protection scrolls and magic-user protection spells can come in very handy.
Bahgoon

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 08:45:51 AM »
I haven't played it in quite awhile, but as mentioned the large party most the time is more hassle then anything.

It is very hard controlling so many party members, main thing is buffs and more buffs.

I personally liked BG1 much more, less complicated and takes place out in the boonies more, till you get to the big city that is.:)

Played BG1 at least half dozen times, and have been feeling the urge to play it again along with TOSC addon.

You may want to try it if you haven't yet, you can buy it very cheap now,great game one of my all time favorites.

GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean

Bahgoon

• Sol
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 08:59:45 AM »
Quote from: "Greybeard"
Played BG1 at least half dozen times, and have been feeling the urge to play it again along with TOSC addon.

GB

Been playing it, too. There is a mod called Tutu that lets you play BGI using the BGII engine. It sounded really cool but I couldn't deal with it. My advice is to stay well away. It is no where near clean code. I mean, I had a repeatable crash to desktop just talking to Hull in the prologue. Supposedly they are still working on patches, so maybe at a future date.
Bahgoon

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.