Author Topic: NWN 1.64 Patch is out in Beta!  (Read 706 times)

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
NWN 1.64 Patch is out in Beta!
« on: August 11, 2004, 02:38:19 PM »
O.o

Drozz

• Court Jester
  • Fal
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 05:42:12 PM »
What patch are we on now, 1.62???  What happened to 1.63?  Well, I'm still learning the game, so whatever the upgrade with, I guess I'll dl it once it passes the beta test.
Official Member of the Hole in the Head Gang
Drozz, Jbbto, Michelle and Daveinthebasement

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Theresa

Vireyar

• Amn
    • http://www.chainsmokingdryad.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 07:06:44 PM »
Derek French, one of the guys who worked on NWN, said in their official forums (HotU General Discussion):

With the announcement of the Platinum Edition of NWN, the version on CD and DVD of this Edition will be 1.63 - which is just 1.62 with some updated Official Campaign modules.

As such, the next public release of an NWN Update will be 1.64, skipping over 1.63 which is the Platinum Edition. This is required so that we can keep all the versions identified and in sync when the patching is done.

The updated OC modules he's talking about are bugfixes, not new Bioware-made modules.

Edit: I don't know what the hell Buiware is.
ormerly known as Bloodrose, Decrier of the BDK, Lover of Amazons, &c.

Drozz

• Court Jester
  • Fal
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 07:57:42 PM »
That makes more sense.  Thanks, Bloodrose.
Official Member of the Hole in the Head Gang
Drozz, Jbbto, Michelle and Daveinthebasement

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Theresa

Rugrats

• Sol
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 09:27:39 PM »
Quote from: "Vireyar"
Derek French, one of the guys who worked on NWN, said in their official forums (HotU General Discussion):

With the announcement of the Platinum Edition of NWN, the version on CD and DVD of this Edition will be 1.63 - which is just 1.62 with some updated Official Campaign modules.

As such, the next public release of an NWN Update will be 1.64, skipping over 1.63 which is the Platinum Edition. This is required so that we can keep all the versions identified and in sync when the patching is done.

The updated OC modules he's talking about are bugfixes, not new Buiware-made modules.

Will they (the OC fugbixes) be downloadable for us poor folls that didn't wait for the platinum edition?
Thrugg: the vast majority of the world is a bunch of newbs.

WoW (member of Soulbound)
Thelyna
Moralda
Aibhinn

Vireyar

• Amn
    • http://www.chainsmokingdryad.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 09:49:29 PM »
Yes, I would think so - all previous patch fixes are included in later patches, so any 1.63 changes should be in 1.64. More Derek French quotes (the second line being just a bit on the abtruse side):

"updated Official Campaign modules" just refers to some minor bug fixing that was done in the Prelude and Chapter 2 modules of Original NWN, and some minor fixes in the HotU Official Campaign. There are no fixes for SoU in this update. The details will be in the patch notes.

All of these fixes are in 1.63 and 1.64. All we did is put the OC fixes into 1.62 for the Platinum Edition and labled it 1.63 for sync reasons.

The SoU fixes he's talking about are some very minor issues that were introduced with HotU.
ormerly known as Bloodrose, Decrier of the BDK, Lover of Amazons, &c.

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 09:25:10 AM »
I will wait till its out in finished form, I have had way too much bad experience with Betas.:)

Thanks for headsup though.

GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean