Author Topic: KOTOR - Best weapons  (Read 10220 times)

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
KOTOR - Best weapons
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:22:16 AM »
I'm having a hard time choosing the best weapons in each category.
Well, the fact that usually each planet has TWO good merchants, and comparing them between two different planets is a pain. (Yes, I'm too lazy to take notes :P)

Then, you can add Yaving which completely throws everything out of balance.

But well, would you help me do that list?

Swords: Baragwin Assault Blade (Yavin) - Bacca's cermonial blade.

Heavy weapon - Baragwin ??? (Yavin, he has two different Baragwin heavy weapon, one being just sick) - Full upgraded Ordo's Blaster?

Blasters?

Rifles?

Heavy armor: Fully upgraded Casus Fett's armor

Medium armor?

Light armor?

Yes, I know, much more questions than answers, but well, I'm sure we should be able to complete this list :)

ShatteredFriend

• Thul
KOTOR - Best weapons
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 08:35:59 AM »
Well I have the X-Box version so no Yavin for me but the best blasters I've seen are the Zabrak Blasters and the Sith Assassin Pistol that Saul drops after you kill him.

IMO the Upgraded Eriadu Prototype armor is the best light armor.

For medium I think it would be either the Krath Holy Battle Suit or Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor.

For heavy I think there are 2 armors better than Cassus'. IMHO I think Upgraded Calo Nord's Battle armor is the best and Upgraded Jurgan Kalta's Power Suit is a close second.
With Calo Nord's you only really lose 1 AC and 1 STR, but you gain Immunity to Mind-Affecting and Critical Hits.
With Jurgan Kalta's you only lose 1 AC and 1 str but you gain +5 more than Cassus' to fire, cold, and sonic, along with Immunity to mind affecting.

And I just looked like a huge nerd :roll:

Ohh well this game RoXorS :lol:

Bring on the flames!!! I'll put on me Thermal Shield Generator so your flames do diddly squat :twisted:
stuff

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
KOTOR - Best weapons
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 08:44:39 AM »
Actually for medium you can buy a special light exo-skeleton which crushes almost anything. But thanks for the seond one :)

Well, I must admit I like the +14 AC granted by Casus Fett's heavy armor... but I had never noticed the immunity to critical hits of Calo Nord's  :shock:

I'll double check Casus armor's stats, as I'm pretty sure the difference is more than 1 AC.

fitzWinter

• Ith
KOTOR - Best weapons
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 04:05:57 PM »
Since Iv attempted a dual blaster jedi I can say with out a doubt the best blaster in the game is Cassus Fetts.  Yep, he has a blaster too.  Totally tricked out it does up to 20 damage and 25% stun.  Maybe even some physical damage.  Not sure.  You can buy it from the rodian when you first walk in at korriban.  Zabrak Mark III's are pretty sweet to, but heavy mandolian blaster are almost as good.

As for rifles, there is the that one rifle sold on tatooine buy the merchant attached to another merchants ass.  Right when you get off the ship.  Forget what the rifles called, but fully upgraded and in the hands of a fully repaired HK-47 its sweet.  Does 1-4 physical damage.  If I rember right, HK was doing something like 16-26 damage per shot.  Ill look it up when I get home.

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
KOTOR - Best weapons
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 10:28:55 AM »
Thanks Fitz!

Actually, I'll give the Rifle to Mission. I know HK start with two feats in rifles, but he's sooo much more made for Heavy Weapons  :twisted: