Author Topic: Two-handed weapons and chance to hit?-Lucky characters  (Read 994 times)

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
Two-handed weapons and chance to hit?-Lucky characters
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:44:13 AM »
I have noticed that it seems like characters using 2handed weapons such as a Greatsword seem to miss more on their hits then those using a shield and onehanded weapon.

Perhaps this is because those using a shield can block with one hand while hitting with the other, while a 2hander has to block and parry with both hands on the weapon.

Or, is it just seem that way?

I know when using a 2 hander that the characters str in added in making for a better chance to hit, but it seems some of my characters miss alot while others don't.

Could this be a bug or again is it just me?

I have always believed that there are lucky and unlucky characters, even when I played D2.

By that I mean in NWN some find nothing but bullets and arrows in alot of chests, crates, while others always find gold or something sellable.

The lucky ones although amost the exact build as the unlucky ones, seem to get saves when they need to, they hit more often and just generally seem to be on the ball more.

Where the unlucky ones seem right off the start, in the Prelude to find junk and just don't seem right or on the ball.

Maybe it is just my crazy mind, but now I can usually tell once a character makes it thru the Prelude whether he will be a lucky or unlucky character.

Anyone else notice or feel this way.:)

GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:27:49 AM »
I know what you mean :D

My hammerdin consistently finds better items than my Necro despite having about 100% less MF.

Haven't played enough NWN to make a comment regarding the hit/miss thing.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:28:58 AM »
It must be you, hehe. One- or two- handed weapon use has no game effect on hit chance. Strength applies to both the same, with the only difference being damage (1.5xstrength bonus for two handed).

Lucky, unlucky? Heh, all mine are unlucky.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.