Author Topic: Completed OC --> What mods are worth playing?  (Read 718 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Completed OC --> What mods are worth playing?
« on: November 17, 2004, 08:13:44 AM »
Well I just completed the OC. :)

Very fun indeed.  I did it with a Half Orc Barb/Fighter [12/4].  I was wielding a Great Sword so I guess this was a pretty boring build.  The fun thing about my character is that he had a Charisma of 6 and a starting strength of 20 I believe.   By the end of the game I had something like 29 strength [ogre gauntlet, frost giant belt].  So he was doing some crazy amounts of damage.  He also had boots of speed on, which I realize was a little cheesy, but again it was all fun.

I am looking to start playing some home grow stuff and I am looking for recommendations.

I would also like to play an Assassin next so if any of you have build suggestions I would appreciate it. [yes I have SoU, and HoTU]

spider8bug

• Thul
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 08:29:50 AM »
SoU is nice and IMHO the best of the official NWN releases. Played it with a Rouge/Assasin/Shadowdancer which worked quite well.

I would highly recommend to play the Mods by A. Miller (Shadowlord, Dreamcatcher, Demon) these get better with every part of the campaign.

Birthright of the North is a very nice mod (haven't finished it, but I definitely want to start this one anew - some rogue levels are highly recommended for this mod)

Hyborian Age is a nice one-two evening mod in the world of Conan

you can find all these mods here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/

I guess all of the mods in the hall of fame are worth the download.

/spider
size=9]
:: It is said that Master Yagyu once remarked,
"I do not know the way to defeat others, but the way to defeat myself." ::
Hagakure by Tsunetomo Yamamoto
[/size]

Beorn

• Sol
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 10:31:26 AM »
Don't be surprised when alot of the mods you play completely blow away the OC :)

I also have to reccomend getting the PRC pack to add to your gaming fun. It adds a ton of classes and races (75 and 50 respectively, I believe). It has made the game fun for me once again.

http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/index.html

BubbleTough

• Shael
    • http://bubbletough.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 04:55:09 PM »
Why not take the challenge and take your Half-Orc through the other two campaigns? I recall it somewhere in a thread, but someone said their was an unofficial mod created that was seen as the linking between SoU and HotU. May be worth a try as well.
color=indigo][size=10]1.11 Vanilla LOD[/size][/color]

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 07:07:34 PM »
My second character is going through the OC also.  The only difference is that I am playing this one MP with my lovely wife.  It is my goal that SoU and HoTU be fresh when I play it with my wife.  So until she is ready I am going to try and play mods.

spider8bug

• Thul
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 02:02:54 AM »
I think SoU is meant for a starting Character, though you can use him for HoTU, but a character from the OC will by to powerfull for SoU.

/spider
size=9]
:: It is said that Master Yagyu once remarked,
"I do not know the way to defeat others, but the way to defeat myself." ::
Hagakure by Tsunetomo Yamamoto
[/size]

Rugrats

• Sol
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 04:51:18 PM »
SoU was originally aimed at about level 5 characters, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh ... the HotU OC isn't MP-compatible either. :(

(the cutscenes tend to get horribly borked with more than one PC in them, so Bioware just said 'one player only please')
Thrugg: the vast majority of the world is a bunch of newbs.

WoW (member of Soulbound)
Thelyna
Moralda
Aibhinn

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 05:07:11 PM »
Quote from: "Rugrats"
SoU was originally aimed at about level 5 characters, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh ... the HotU OC isn't MP-compatible either. :(

(the cutscenes tend to get horribly borked with more than one PC in them, so Bioware just said 'one player only please')

True on all counts. SoU was originally meant for L5 characters, but they took out that requirement without adjusting the difficulty, or compensating with gear  :roll: Many people will play the OC till L5 then go into SoU.

Both Xpacs are SP only, as said above. There are some hakpacks or something that try to help HoTU be more MP freindly, but I've only read of their existence, and can't vouch for thier effectiveness.