Author Topic: NWN Tips by Lego  (Read 6999 times)

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
NWN Tips by Lego
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 01:15:05 PM »
Luchaire the main weird thing is many times my character is surrounded and hitting away then suddenly just stops hitting and stands there.

Another is again he is fighting and will actually kill someone without even hitting them, its like the animation lags behind the action. Actually the readout says he killed but I don't see the kill happened on screen.

This all has happened in the past but now to a greater extent, normally I don't control my character when he is fighting now many times I have to otherwise he will stand there with enemies all around like nothing is left to hit or kill. :?  

Nothing big but I am always leery of applying new patches, if it ain't broke don't fix it. This time  (like a dumb ass) I bought the Diamond edition mainly for the patch and supposed changes.

GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
NWN Tips by Lego
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »
I don't think those are patch-related issues, GB. I've been running 1.66 for a long time and never seen that. Unfortunately, I have no idea what might cause that...  :?

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Beorn

• Sol
NWN Tips by Lego
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 08:10:48 AM »
Quote from: "Greybeard"
Luchaire the main weird thing is many times my character is surrounded and hitting away then suddenly just stops hitting and stands there.

I've had that happen a few times aswell. Very annoying. The worst part is it usually takes a second or two for me to realize what is happening, and I've died a few times because of it.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
NWN Tips by Lego
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »
I know that the Circle Kick feat is bugged (still, even though it's well documented and Bioware knows about it) and will do that, which is why I recommend against any monk ever taking that feat, but since GB plays just clerics I doubt that is his problem...

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
NWN Tips by Lego
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 07:09:48 PM »
What people think of as bugged in Circle Kick, unfortunately, is usually Circle Kick working exactly as described  :?  But I agree, as a feat, it's not only worthless, but dangerous to your character.