Author Topic: Paladins and mounts : a gripe  (Read 1726 times)

Misty~Dawn

• Elite Unique
Paladins and mounts : a gripe
« on: March 13, 2004, 11:14:53 AM »
why is it NwN can't incorporate this concept into the game?

One the coolest thing about playing a pally is the mount. Now I can see not being able to ride it, but having it act as a companion works too.

Have it be like a Ranger, getting it at a certain lvl and make the pally one's specific to that class.

For example, the pally could have a white stag, stallion, Roc (giant falcon), giant Wolf, Tiger, unicorn or Wyrmling as a choice. Make em balanced within the game of course. But it'd be some extra incentive to play a paladin.

Anyway, just ranting. I'd really like that......or has a hak pack or module done that I just missed it??

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 11:17:10 AM »
Yep, it's been done in hak packs, sorta - rideable mounts anyway, not specifically the pally one.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1079123140000.shtml

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 09:23:57 PM »
The main problem is that NWN doesn't have a Z-axis for players. Atleast, that's what I've gathered from the official forums.

I'd like a Roc, too :lol:.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 10:43:48 PM »
I wanted to make a paladin like the one I play with my friends in D&D, but a big part of that is having a pegasus :(.

Paladin's also don't have most of their awesome spells, at least not in the OC.  No reason for me to put mucho levels into paladin if I can't get Holy Sword.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 11:26:42 PM »
Quote from: "maxbeedo"
I wanted to make a paladin like the one I play with my friends in D&D, but a big part of that is having a pegasus :(.

Paladin's also don't have most of their awesome spells, at least not in the OC.  No reason for me to put mucho levels into paladin if I can't get Holy Sword.

Holy swords exist in NWN... maybe not something you can find in the OC, but they're in the toolset... and in PWs. :P

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 11:52:21 PM »
The SPELL holy sword is only in HotU, and it's not as powerful as it should be (the D&D 3.0 version has it doing double damage against evil, 3.5 is +2d6, in HotU it's 1d6 I think), which I think there's also supposed to be a constant magic circle against evil going, but maybe that's another item I'm thinking of.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 04:38:45 AM »
In the SoU campiagn, you can, as a paladin, get a sexy-looking Holy Avenger Longsword. It's worth it only for style points. That is, if you don't like +5 swords with dispel magic and 2d6 against evil *Drools*.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 05:42:13 AM »
At the tilde console, try typing in DebugMode 1, then dm_mylittlepony  :lol:

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 06:20:52 AM »
Quote from: "Lego"
At the tilde console, try typing in DebugMode 1, then dm_mylittlepony  :lol:

Tried it. I turned pink and sparkly.

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »
I think Pallys are almost the opposite in NWN of what they are in D2.

In D2 they are like the Cleric in NWN, very self sufficent, and independant, a "jack of all trades" so to speak.

I also think in NWN the Pally has gotten very shortchanged as far as buffs and any good spells, thus I play Clerics since they are more like the Pallys I was used to in D2.:)

Yes a big fearsome Warhorse would be very nice.

I have also heard of the Holy Avenger in NWN, maybe it is in a hackpack, I remember the one in BG2 a awesome sword to be sure.

GB

PS where are the "tips"?????
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean

Waimea

• Champion of the Elite Uniques
  • Lum
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 07:20:45 PM »
Quote from: "Greybeard"

PS where are the "tips"?????

I shall shout at Lego about this ;)
b]Gemini - You're flirtatious and attractive and have no trouble getting what - and who - you want.
"God created men first, cause you always make a rough draft before a masterpiece..."
"Woman is the Future of Man"

Waimea - The Elite Uniques' Champion
[/b]
Nyarlathotep's High Priestess' Guardian Angel [/color]

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 04:50:24 PM »
LOL Been shouted at  :roll: As I have in many other threads here, let me explain that our tips threads etc.... have been saved, but they are a BUGGER to clean up, and I've only just decided the format i'm transferring them with, so they should be up by this weekend ;-)

Infinidex

• Nef
    • http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 11:13:58 AM »
paladins will have horses, there are 2-3 groups who have released or are releasing them, they just need to be scripted as mounts
url=http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/][/url]