Author Topic: I blame Greybeard  (Read 563 times)

PapaStache

• Yo Daddy
  • Fal
I blame Greybeard
« on: June 21, 2004, 08:28:01 AM »
From the very early days that I first met him, it seems that he and I have been taking pretty much the same path in our pursuit of RPG happiness.   We both tackled Dungeon Siege when it was first ont the shelves, I followed his posts in the Divine Divinity forums, we both have played Morrowind, though at different times and varying amounts of enthusiasm, and HOMM4 at different times.  But when he was making patriarchs of paladins I paused to play Gothic 2.  (Play it someday, Ron.  I think you'll like it)  And most recently we shared a great interest in Sacred.  Just shows how old minds, I mean great minds think alike where their games are concerned.

So as I began to wonder what I want to play next it occurred to me that NWN was about the only experience we haven't shared yet.  And with only a hint to my son a couple of weeks ago that I might like this game, my son surprised me with NWN Gold yesterday as a Father's Day gift.

So last night, naturally, with the enthusiasm of a 7 year old kid with a new toy, I loaded up the game (after reading about 3 pages from the manual) and started up my first character.  A blond haired female paladin.  Cause she's cute... and cause I like paladins.

I'm not keen on character development yet, so I take all the defaults for my class so far.  The first thng I want to do is just figure out the environment then come back and create my own uber character.

So, Greybeard, thanks to you for shining the light on my path to RPG happiness.  May we both have many long years of gaming bliss.
No unauthorized use of this space.  Violators will be towed away at their own expense.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
I blame Greybeard
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 10:42:58 AM »
Welcome from an addict ;-)

I think you will be happy you played!

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
I blame Greybeard
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 04:13:17 AM »
I will take the blame since IMO, it is a great game, just give it time to sink in.

It took me several tries over many months till the bug bit me, I still have every intention of playing again.

Sometimes, even though I love Sacred I miss the slower more thoughtfull pace of NWN and D@D in general.

I haven't even finished the OC and the two xpacks so still much good gaming ahead.

enjoy :)
GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean