Author Topic: NWN: HP/level formula?  (Read 3580 times)

Rugrats

• Sol
NWN: HP/level formula?
« on: March 12, 2004, 05:33:42 PM »
Just trying to figure out what's the maximum number of HP I can expect to gain at each level?

(yep, I cheese)
Thrugg: the vast majority of the world is a bunch of newbs.

WoW (member of Soulbound)
Thelyna
Moralda
Aibhinn

Beorn

• Sol
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 05:38:28 PM »
Each class rolls a certain dice upon gaining a level to determine how much HP they gain.

Sorcs/Wizards-1d4 (1-4 HP)
Bards/Rogues-1d6
Druids/Clerics-1d8
Fighters/Rangers-1d10
Barbarians-1d12

After the dice is rolled, the characters constitution modifer is added, to determine the final amount of HP gained.

For example, say a Barbarian has a constitution of 18, which grants a +4 modifier. He rolls a d12, and gets an 9. 9 From the roll+4 from his con modifer= 13 total HP gained.

Hope that helps

Shade

• Ith
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 05:40:38 PM »
From what I've heard the roll is always at least half the maximum, but if you're just going to reroll until you get the maximum that won't matter :)
urrently playing: Nicha Brown, Rogue/Assassin (NWN:HotU)
Dislikes: Being called a 'rouge'

Beorn

• Sol
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 05:42:01 PM »
Quote from: "Shade"
From what I've heard the roll is always at least half the maximum, but if you're just going to reroll until you get the maximum that won't matter :)

True, I don't think I've ever seen a roll under half of the maximum in NWN.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 10:04:48 PM »
If your difficulty setting is normal or easy, the roll will always be at least half the maximum.  However, I've seen times where if I had a constitution bonus from an item, and/or the Toughness feat, the roll included those.  So if I'm a Fighter with con 14, my typical roll should be 7-12 (5-10 +2), but if I have +2 con and the toughness feat, the roll is 7-14, which if you subtracted those "must have" hit points your roll is only 5-12 (possibly lower than half).  I don't really know what order the bonuses are applied, but I do know I've seen the roll give me less than half before when other hit point bonuses were involved.  Of course, when I see that, I just reroll ;).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 11:54:18 PM »
Oh, and for the first two or three levels, you always get maximum hitpoints.

Infinidex

• Nef
    • http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 07:59:12 AM »
First 3 levels is max HP.

You forgot Paladins at d10 and Monks at d8.

Con bonus from an item is not included in the roll, only natural con bonus.

Max roll is Natural Con + Toughness + dX
url=http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/][/url]