Author Topic: NwN Modules good for Spellcasters  (Read 1098 times)

Misty~Dawn

• Elite Unique
NwN Modules good for Spellcasters
« on: March 12, 2004, 11:46:08 AM »
Ok, well, I always want to try a wizard, but many modules seem so combat heavy I get my arse handed to me before I get a chance to lvl up enough to defned myself properly.

Are there any modules out there that are more specific to spellcasters? I've seen rogue and ranger modules, so I figure there's something out there for wizards.

I tend to prefer less hack -n slash and more roleplaying.

I know I can play wizards in most any module, but alot of the modules seem to favor fighter classes more.

Course I barely get into a module with a wizard and end up quiting in frustration cause I'm dying all the time.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 11:50:40 AM »
What do you usually use for spells when playing as wizard?  Are you melee or ranged?  What merc are you using?  Wizards are viable in any module if you use certain strategies.  My wizard never got close to dying, although some battles took a lot longer than expected (thank god for scrolls when you're out of spells).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Misty~Dawn

• Elite Unique
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 11:53:47 AM »
well, I assume that the point of wizards is to stay out of harms way, so I rely more on spells to keep me out of danger.

Eh, I guess I should give more patience to wizards. I'm used to playing clerics or druids than can get their hands dirty.

I've thought of playing my wizard with some stealth, since I play alot of rogues. Then again, I'd probably be better off using a bard anyway.....

I haven't played a wizard long enough really to come up with any strategies.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 12:34:35 PM »
Wizards can actually survive pretty well if you focus on abjuration spells (not get the feat, use them more).  Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Cat's Grace, Endurance, Stoneskin, Protection from Elements (or energy buffer), etc.  My wizard's AC was usually in the mid to upper 30s by lvl 13, add in the damage reduction and he flat out couldn't be killed by physical attacks, unless the spells wore off or he was being stupid and meleeing one of the bigger bosses in the game (which even then he never died).  You'll always want at least one companion with you, whether that be your familiar, merc, other summon, or whatever, so that you can cast spells without being next to enemies (no stealth needed).  Of course, you'd also want to pump up your companion too, so that he doesn't die.  Grimgnaw becomes unstoppable with all the spells listed above.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Misty~Dawn

• Elite Unique
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 12:59:31 PM »
Perhaps I'm importing my "A good Offense is a Good Defense" stratgey from D2 too much.......