Author Topic: MP - save game problems!  (Read 887 times)

Caristantae

• High Priestess
  • Sol
MP - save game problems!
« on: May 08, 2004, 05:29:40 AM »
WishNemo and I have started to play NWN-MP. As we only have one copy of the game (OC,SoU,HotU) he's using a no-cd patch in order to make it work.

Now we played for a couple of hours yesterday - no problem. After some time the game had problems saving. WishNemo is the host and as such saving the game. Everytime he saved the game crashed. Disconnecting me and throwing him back to the desktop.

The game freezes and goes into audio-loop.  :?

Today he spend many hours on NWN forums, and it seems that people are having the same problem as us - also in SP. Some say it's because of HotU or drivers and stuff like that. There are many theories but no solutions. We tried everything by now - even disconnection from the internet.

Nothing helps!

Now it's not that we don't want to buy another copy of the game. BUT I would get really pissed if we did so and it wouldn't change anything!

Any solutions - any help???

-Caris-
Hell has no fury like the wrath of a woman."
Highest Priestess of Nyarlathotep
Reigns: "I will be unable to attend this get together, as I do not approve of gratuitous nudity, promoting sexuality, or anything else that stinks of perversity."

SirWarkof

• Ko
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 05:40:57 AM »
I don't know if this is the problem, but the HotU OC tends to curl up into a small, spiky ball and make whimpering noises when you try to multiplay it.

Never heard that it affects save games, though.

Caristantae

• High Priestess
  • Sol
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 02:12:08 AM »
Thanks Warkof.  :D

By now we have tried everything, and I don't see any other solution than buying the game again.

If that doesn't help I'm really pissed.
Reigns: "I will be unable to attend this get together, as I do not approve of gratuitous nudity, promoting sexuality, or anything else that stinks of perversity."

SirWarkof

• Ko
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 03:51:49 AM »
Ayie! Wait!

If you want to play the HoTU OC multiplay, and that's why you're buying a new copy, well, um  don't :D. It won't help. The HoTU OC is just screwy in MP, so no point shelling out the 60$ for it and SoU.

Caristantae

• High Priestess
  • Sol
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 04:00:06 AM »
Arrrghhhh. What does that mean? I still won't be able to play the game MP?

:cry:  :cry:

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 04:41:34 AM »
Yeah, you won't be able to MP HoTU properly.

Bioware is so adamant about it being single-player only that they even refuse tech support for people who want to MP it, and openly state on the website that MP is flat-out broken on it.

Like was said above, don't buy another copy of the CD, it won't help ;-) Just play the OC together, or one of the thousands of modules that are MP freindly :-)

Caristantae

• High Priestess
  • Sol
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 05:25:10 AM »
But OC and SoU should work fine in MP or what?

I still like to have HotU installed because of the skills and spells and stuff.

So if understand you correctly we can MP the OC and SoU, but can't MP HotU. (which was our plan after completing SoU)

Thanks you for your replies.

-Caris-

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 07:10:22 AM »
Yes ma'am.

The OC is perfectly playable in MP. SoU, while not designed to be MP'd, is alot more user freindly to MPing than HoTU. I thinkthere is a mod that can be downloaded to make SoU much more MP freindly, if I'm not mistaken.

Caristantae

• High Priestess
  • Sol
MP - save game problems!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 07:30:03 AM »
Thanks Lego!  :kiss:

SoU works fine if it wasn't for the save problem.....

So I guess that what we're gonna play. Maybe they have fixed the problem in HotU by the time we are finished.

One can only hope.

-Caris-