Author Topic: Fallout 4 -- Spoilers  (Read 761 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Fallout 4 -- Spoilers
« on: February 06, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »
I do believe I am a little late for this discussion. :D

That said I really disliked the main story line for FO4.  I guess Bethesda is never great when it comes to the main plot line for it's games.  But the institute was really very poor.  I kept hoping to learn what the goals of the institute was.  Instead all you get was the cliche of 'mankind's best hope'.  The whole 'we know better' and that's all that need be said about the topic.  There was zero nuance to the story.  No compromises.  No searching for common ground.  Why couldn't there be alliances between the groups?  Betrayals.  Alternative solutions.  Instead it was all black and white.  I ended up going with the Railroad, but that option also sucked.  Really?  In a nuclear waste land, they choose to set off another nuke?  Seriously?  Lets kill all the humans at the institute and set off a nuke in the process so we can save a few robots that have become conscious.  Yeah, fabulous choice.

Honestly the only group that made sense were the Minute Men.  As annoying as Preston was at least they were trying to make life better for all trying to live an honest life.  But could those quests get any more annoying?  Good frakking grief.  It got to the point that I was ready to take Preston out back and put a bullet through his skull.  The only other quest line that was as annoying was the Tinker Tom and all for his frakking weather stations.

I guess there is a way to unify the Railroad, Minutemen, and BoS.  But that still involves using the nuclear option.  Just crazy and unbelievable IMO.

I have other things to dive into but I wanted to start here.

maxbeedo

• Lum
Re: Fallout 4 -- Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »
I can't think of a Bethesda game that was written well.  I was pretty disappointed too with the faction quests, though the final Brotherhood quest is probably the most "fun", but it's definitely not original.  By the time I finished all 4 faction quests I was bored to tears with them (as compared to just wandering around which was still interesting).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:52:03 PM »
Did you ever play survival mode?

There were a couple of notable quests, I just wish that there were more of them.

The most enjoyable part of the game was just wandering around.  The Commonwealth was just full of great nooks and crannies and really feels like you are wandering around a real place.  Easily the best part of game.  That said I was very disappointed with Diamond City.  Pity they didn't make it more authentic.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
I had done all achievements by the time they released Survival mode (or any DLCs), so I had no desire to go back.  It sounded interesting but I had done almost everything by then.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:53:10 PM »
I have got to level 20 in Survivor Mode.  Not using any mods.

It is tough.  Constantly looking for a place to sleep.  Slow and steady.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:50:39 AM »
I am now level 35 and I am playing a Commando/Luck/Explosive build.  Critical Banker is not working for me as VATS seems to suck.  I only get two bursts of my automatic in VATS.  Bloody mess and Better Criticals are good, as is Idiot Savant.  As a whole Commando is not a great choice for Survival because of the ammo needs.  Now that I have Spray n Pray though I am doing well and at times it is is pretty loltastic.  I have had ferals reach about 30 feet in the air.  That combined with the points I have in explosive are pretty outrageous.  Unfortunately I cannot use that weapon for close in fighting as it will kill me with all the explosions. 

With Andromeda coming out this character might hit the shelf for a while.