Author Topic: Sweet FX Recommendations  (Read 359 times)

Darkness

• Cock Puncher
  • Um
    • http://sendraks.blogspot.com/
Sweet FX Recommendations
« on: November 04, 2016, 05:19:12 AM »
I used Sweet FX for the first time ever last night on Dark Souls, after I whimsically downloaded a Sweet FX preset from modnexus and found myself utterly blown away by the difference it made to the game's visuals.

So, what other games benefit from having Sweet FX applied to them?

I noticed that Melchior has used Sweet FX on Diablo 3 ROS to make the graphics sharper and grittier, which sounds like a worthwhile thing to try, but what other games (especially older games) do folk here feel benefit from having their graphics enhanced by Sweet FX?

I'm going to be trying Sweet FX on Dark Age of Camelot to see what difference that makes, maybe Morrowind (with the Overhaul running), but are there any other noteworthy titles where you've seen Sweet FX making a real difference?
Private insurance gives the cheapest and best coverage to the well, and the most expensive and least coverage to the sick. This is a classic case of the Inverse Care Law - the poorest and most vulnerable need healthcare the most, but will get least access.

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

I find him an engaging conversationalist but I wouldn't say I was "into" him. - Thrugg

"You are the Darkness in which all life dies, my Lord."

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: Sweet FX Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »
I've only ever used it for Skyrim, and even there found the difference to be... different, but arguably not any better. Ultimately I kept it because some atmospheric/weather mods relied on its presence, but could have left it without feeling I was missing it.

I do tend to have a distinct aversion to it in general, which colors my opinion of it. I think that stems from seeing a thousand too many hideously over-saturated, over-godray'd, over-lighted, over-processed screenshots over the years. :lol:

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.