Author Topic: Titan Quest  (Read 24162 times)

Lothric

• Thul
Titan Quest
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2006, 11:48:19 PM »
I've noticed many of you posting over at Titanquest.net but unfortunately I can't bring myself to do the same - must have something to do with the large numbers of irritating adolescents with little grasp for language or decorum that unfortunately dominate much of the conversation there.

In any event, I've been running Arachnos of late with my Oracle, farming Deathweaver's Tips and the odd Legendary sword/ring here and there. The Tips have prompted me to re-evaluate my Assassin's skill placement and gear selection and move towards a poison-focused build. I realise that this is largely inefficient going by the general understanding of the mechanics behind things, but it should be interesting at the very least.

I'll probably try to push my Assassin through Leg this week and then turn my focus to my Champion, who I suspect I'll make a pure Summoner (Wolves/Ancestral Horn) with little to no offensive ability of his own.
D3:
Characters: Karsh (60 Barbarian), Buffy (60 Demon Hunter), Lothriel (60 Wizard), Lira (13 Witch Doctor), Ohm (12 Monk)

Diablo II (1.11 RRM/RWM):
Total 1.10/1.11 Pats/Mats: 59                     Total 1.07 Pats/Mats: 3

Titan Quest (TQIT 1.10 with TQVault):
Completed TQ IT: Appelonius (66 Champion), Artemis (62 Ranger), Karis (63 Brigand), Kratos (62 Harbinger), Hephaestus (61 Juggernaut), Matthius (62 Oracle), Circe (60 Druid), Persephone (62 Spellbreaker)

E-mail: Acuteapathy(at)gmail(dot)com

TenYearsGone

Titan Quest
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2006, 11:53:12 AM »
As usual, it's been a while since I've poted.   Lothric - I understand your feelings about TQ.net.  I post over there, but very rarely now that the game has come out.  I think the discovery phase was much more 'fun' with a better crowd.  It actually seems like it's slowed down there a bit.  I'll still check it out for update/patch news and character/mechanics ideas.

In my limited playing time, my Conqueror has only just reched Delphi in Epic.  His equipment stinks and he's not that great at running Typhon.  So I'm mostly questing with a very occational Typhon run.  I finally loeaded up TQ Vault and what a life saver!  I've been contemplating starting that 2nd character (probably some kind of caster), but always go back to playing my first as I want to get farther through the game and find better stuff (of course!).

On a totally different note, I find it disappointing that this place has an area for Hellgate, which won't be out for a long while, but not this game!  Then again, it only seems like a few of us are playing it.
TQ
Smithy Level 68 Conqueror Legendary Complete
Hemera Level 64 Seer Hades (L)
Hestia Level 60 Ranger Asia (L)
Electra Level 23 Oracle
Andi Level 30 Thane Asia (N)

Hicpotboy

Titan Quest
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2006, 05:26:46 PM »
I hear you, Ten.  But maybe we can get our own section, if we post in this one frequently enough.  Hmm.

I got an Embodiment of Artemis's Bowstring I'm looking to trade.
Stats:
18 Piercing Damage
+9% Attack Speed

Completion Bonus:
+25% Attack Speed

Required Level: 25
This is perfect for those bow-users, as it'll up your attack speed to a huge degree.

So what will you guys give me for this thing?

EDIT:  Forgot to mention:  what do you guys want?  If I find something you might be interested in, I'll hang onto it instead of NPC'ing it.

nanenj

• Administrator
  • Ko
Titan Quest
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »
Quote from: "TenYearsGone"
As usual, it's been a while since I've poted.   Lothric - I understand your feelings about TQ.net.  I post over there, but very rarely now that the game has come out.  I think the discovery phase was much more 'fun' with a better crowd.  It actually seems like it's slowed down there a bit.  I'll still check it out for update/patch news and character/mechanics ideas.

In my limited playing time, my Conqueror has only just reched Delphi in Epic.  His equipment stinks and he's not that great at running Typhon.  So I'm mostly questing with a very occational Typhon run.  I finally loeaded up TQ Vault and what a life saver!  I've been contemplating starting that 2nd character (probably some kind of caster), but always go back to playing my first as I want to get farther through the game and find better stuff (of course!).

On a totally different note, I find it disappointing that this place has an area for Hellgate, which won't be out for a long while, but not this game!  Then again, it only seems like a few of us are playing it.

Noone's asked, you ask, I give.  If you guys make use of it, draw people in, it'll stick around :)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Titan Quest
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2006, 01:21:02 PM »
Quote from: "nanenj"
Quote from: "TenYearsGone"

Noone's asked, you ask, I give.

*cough*Bullshit*cough*

I suggested it a while ago. ;)

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
Titan Quest
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2006, 01:23:16 PM »
Moving this thread over there now. ;)

nanenj

• Administrator
  • Ko
Titan Quest
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »
Quote from: "Luchaire"

*cough*Bullshit*cough*

Sorry X.x  I see that now, my bad x.x; I just overlooked it, you gotta beat on my head harder.

TQ was mentioned once and hell-gate london like 4 times :P  I just missed it, sorry.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
Titan Quest
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »
Incidentally, I saw this game on sale at Walmart for $37 today. Almost picked it up, but couldn't quite bring myself to spend that much on a D2 clone. But when it hits the bargain bins for $10-20 I probably will (shouldn't be long, I figure).

nanenj

• Administrator
  • Ko
Titan Quest
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2006, 01:43:25 PM »
Same here, I can't afford to buy it cause the demo doesn't run on Bella's puter, just crashes.

Minor_Deity

• Keeper of the Imps
  • Lum
Titan Quest
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2006, 11:36:02 PM »
Quote from: "Luchaire"

*cough*Bullshit*cough*

I saw it. I thought about seconding, but activity in here had petered to almost nothing. And I have been following things in here, hoping the muling program/item sharing solutions would generate some more interest. I won't pick it up if it's not going to get legs within our community. I also think the lack of randomization is hurting it. Least thats what I hear around the cooler.

Just as a side note on the HG:L forum thing, I kinda felt it might ruffle some feathers. However, my personal recomendation for Hellgate support was included in a blanket statement that we should look at all titles our members are interested in and offer support for those that look promising. ;) So I think you should look at it as the start of a new trend, and not an isolated action of inequality. I to think it is very early for that title and I don't think activity will start to spike in there until the beta. But not only was HG:L brought up by multiple folks, the MP/Online aspects offered reasons to create a place to talk about Guilding, to direct invites and such, ahead of release. And of course the DII background of FSS is also driving anticipation for this title.

TQ seems to have much of the same item draw and character "building" that DII had/has, but as an SP title the support of the community here is vital to activity, longevity and interest. Whereas, MP titles can draw activity to the forum from in game interactions/interelations.

SP titles give more reasons for forum use though. Discussions, sharing, etc. are things that often occur "in game" in an MP title. But echoing somebody in here, I forget who, an SP title like this is only going to move forward if the SP community here carries it.

HG:L like DII is "suppose" to be both MPable and SPable. So you may have that effect where MP play draws activity to the forum, and SP play drives increased forum use, as we compare notes, request help, share stories, comiserate losses, celebrate triumphs, etc. Most of us are SPers at heart, MP being a change of pace occasional thing. But most need incentive to get excited about, much less shell out coin on a new title. TQ needs to pull folks in, from inside and outside GO, to drive forum activity and interest, which will bring more folks in. Its chicken or the egg.
:?
Brewmeister in training --- Town Drunk --- Equal opportunity imbiber.
"If we have to move a Star Wars thread to the Lounge, I’m officially throwing in the towel on any pretense of us not being just a bunch of uber geeks." - Butch
Playing DIII, duh!
DII 1.11 HC - Mods=WMD er I mean RWM (Bite me Bliz) -RRM added as a preservative.
DII 1.09 SC/HC - Crisp and clean and no modding. Never had it, never will.

Lothric

• Thul
Titan Quest
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2006, 02:25:07 AM »
Mmm. A large number of people have expressed interest in TQ both here and over at Sanc but I think there's still a lot of confusion about the game - really, the demo is not enough to make an informed decision on.

Having said that, I've found it to be uniquely interesting in its own right with the similarities to D2 more of a blessing than a curse as it makes the game feel familiar while still being sufficiently differentiated from other clones.

Unfortunately, there's still some significant problems mainly relating to game balance and bugs. The former is particularly onerous given that it's nigh impossible to take a melee character through Legendary (the equivalent of D2 Hell) unless you have oodles of patience and are willing to die over and over again to achieve your goal.

The Devs are very active in the primary TQ forum though (titanquest.net) and Madeira, the lead game designer, has stated that the next patch (due hopefully by the end of September) will provide a number of fixes for both areas.

That should solve many of the pressing issues at present, although the fact that level design is static, and not randomized like D2 might be a problem for some people (they do still respawn though).

Also, with mod support built into the basic release, it's fairly easy to acquire items and the like so the incentives for an active trading community are less than onerous.

I personally have set the game aside for a bit until they've fixed things up so it might not be a bad idea to wait a month or two until the price comes down and the patch(es) has been released.
D3:
Characters: Karsh (60 Barbarian), Buffy (60 Demon Hunter), Lothriel (60 Wizard), Lira (13 Witch Doctor), Ohm (12 Monk)

Diablo II (1.11 RRM/RWM):
Total 1.10/1.11 Pats/Mats: 59                     Total 1.07 Pats/Mats: 3

Titan Quest (TQIT 1.10 with TQVault):
Completed TQ IT: Appelonius (66 Champion), Artemis (62 Ranger), Karis (63 Brigand), Kratos (62 Harbinger), Hephaestus (61 Juggernaut), Matthius (62 Oracle), Circe (60 Druid), Persephone (62 Spellbreaker)

E-mail: Acuteapathy(at)gmail(dot)com