Author Topic: Coughs due to all teh dust  (Read 4148 times)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
Coughs due to all teh dust
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Been playing this for the first time thanks to the Steam sale.  Up to about level 12 on my first toon (dual-wielding Conqueror called Thrugg, I figure why be unpredictable).  Got to the point where my inventory is cluttered enough to think about muling.

What were people's preferred solution for this?  I have the expac but have not installed it yet.  I have heard of TQVault but no idea if it is safe and/or current.  Or since I am only playing single player should I just sell off everything I am not using directly on that toon and play untwinked?

If the expac is the way to go, should I start over?  Does it change the early game much or is it more like LOD was for D2?

Been enjoying it so far.  Had to cheese Polyphemus with shoot and run because he just pwned me anytime I went melee.  And wasted a bunch of runes on my crap second weapon because I tried to apply them to my main one (Fell Blade, which I realise now is not a valid target), and it applied them to my second weapon instead without telling me lol.  But I figure they are not too hard to come by so it's not a huge loss.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Re: Coughs due to all teh dust
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
Goodness, it has been a long time since I thought about muling in TQ.  I am pretty sure I regularly used TQVault.  I probably have mules lying around somewhere filled with stuff that Dave and I passed back and forth.

Next you should just install the XP.  I believe it works like D2 did again it has been too long to remember those details. 

Fun game though...

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »
You should absolutely install the expansion. It adds quite a bit to the base game (including muling, if memory serves) - but is especially good for the new paths/combinations.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:44:39 PM »
I installed the expac, it cleared all my progress on my original toon, but I guess since I can do all the quests again it doesn't really matter, and I can jog through to where I was up to quickly enough.

Muling looks kinda limited, but I don't think I'm going to be collecting great piles of loot, I just hate to waste a blue item I find on a warrior because it's for a caster, and it looks like it will work for that.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:50:20 PM »
I believe there is a shared stash in the xpac.

TheNix

• Dol
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
I used TQVault for muling.  It's not as good as ATMA/GoMule, but then again what it?  I've got some stashes lying around too, only low level stuff, but it you need anything, give a hoi and I'll see if I've got it.
Every rune is sacred,
every rune is great,
If a rune is wasted
God gets quite irate.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
Thx man but nah, I only use stuff I find myself.  If I have too much low level stuff I will just keep starting new low level toons to use it and never finish the game ;)

Terrorphile

• Mojito
  • Hel
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »
Yeah I played this for a bit, got a sword and board Conqueror to Legendary. He's parked right before Typhon since I bought Skyrim...
- Guild Wars 2
Erynn Ironheart - lvl21 Norn Guardian
 - Diablo 3
Maryanne - lvl60[8] Monk ♦ Catherine - lvl27 Wizard
 - Torchlight 2
Bolwyn - lvl53 Berzerker
 - Borderlands 2
Gaige - lvl7 Mechromacer