Author Topic: Dragon Age Questions  (Read 12709 times)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: Dragon Age Questions
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2015, 06:12:42 AM »
Onward to DA2!

:D

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Butch

• Minister of Divine Fermentation
  • Mal
  • Supplanter of the ole-time god of wisdom - 2012
    • Raise Your Pints
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2015, 06:39:33 AM »
Well damn.  Now that I'm done and reading up on the stuff, I realize that I didn't have any of the DLC or whatever comes with the Ultimate Edition installed or activated or whatever.  No Shale or anything.  I'm not sure how to even get it activated...  Oh well.  I'm done anyway.  I sort of do want to go through again as a mage just to do the game "perfectly" but the thought of going through all the tedious stuff is enough to turn me off it. 

If DA:2 goes on sale soon I'll get it. 
"Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God."
  - Martin Luther

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2015, 07:06:24 AM »
Awww man, you missed out on Shale? That is tragic. Shale is amazing. And her hatred of pigeons and chickens never gets old.

"There may be pigeons nearby. We should be alert!"

Shale stomps on a chicken.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2015, 07:32:41 AM »
That is pretty great.  I don't have any of the DLC so I haven't seen that either.

DA2 is good but the environments do get tedious.  But the story is excellent and worth doing.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2015, 07:34:23 AM »
Bummer that the game crashed multiple times during the end.  No that is not normal.  At least it didn't happen to me.  Sounds like you had a similar ending to mine. gg!

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2015, 06:14:09 PM »
You should definitely play DA:O again with another class and do things differently.  There are several endings, and you haven't yet experienced an ending where you live and get to talk with everyone about what they'll do afterwards, and is generally one of the most satisfying endings you'll ever see.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Butch

• Minister of Divine Fermentation
  • Mal
  • Supplanter of the ole-time god of wisdom - 2012
    • Raise Your Pints
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2015, 03:45:57 AM »
Is there a "canon" version that carries over to the sequels like in Mass Effect?

I'd like to play through again, but I doubt I will anytime soon if ever.  I put over 77 hours into this playthrough.  Too much to do to get sucked down into that rabbit hole a second time!
"Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God."
  - Martin Luther

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2015, 04:20:32 AM »
You could consider the "default world states" canon but in reality any save game you import will affect the future games, including where your main character dies because the main character is different in each game.  There are codex entires in DA2 and DA:I that reference your specific background in DA:O and, if alive, what you're doing, though it's unclear if your DA:O character will ever appear again in any media (the default world state for DA:I is Dalish Elf background who sacrificed themselves, this also makes certain events with a Dalish clan in DA2 more believable).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night