Author Topic: Smartphone Games  (Read 3763 times)

D2Addict

• Ko
    • http://home.columbus.rr.com/kwalter4/Diablo.html
Re: Smartphone Games
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 02:24:55 AM »
I'm already addicted to Pixel Dungeon.  So far I've managed to kill The Goo twice, but have never gotten much further than that.
Yeah it is a addictive little thing but can be frustrating.  In the same room as the goo there is always a hidden door with a room full of chests with a Rat King.  There is usually a mimic in one of the chests.  The Rat King cannot be attacked and doesn't attack you.  He says a few things and runs off if you click on him.  I didn't figure out for a bit but if you are losing hp after the goo walk thru the water a few times to wash the toxic goo off you and stop the loss.

I finally made it to the last level 25 and knew I was in trouble after using up most my healing and stuff on the earlier levels.  I lost quickly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:30:40 AM by D2Addict »
Still Just D2 1.09B
ARTEMIS 95 Bowazon
STORM 64 MA Assassin
GIMLI 99 Berserker/Whirlwind Barb
MORBACH 80 Werewolf/Fury Druid
ABUSE OF A CORPSE 97 Bone Spirit/Corpse Explosion Necromancer
SIR GALAHAD 99 Fanatic/Zealot Paladin
MERLA 99 Frozen Orb/Firewall/Nova Sorceress

Orbert

• Fal
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 05:01:41 AM »
Yeah, after killing the Goo the second time, I found the hidden room and starting popping chests.  My hit points were still single digit from fighting the Goo, but I figured I'd heal up as I raided the chests.  The Mimic one-shot me, and I was quite upset.

The game is very reminiscent of Rogue, in that it's much more RNG than actual skill.  You don't even fight the Goo unless you've picked up a fair amount of decent gear and/or potions or other goodies along the way, and there's no guarantee that that will happen.  But like any good game, it rewards your patience and persistence just enough to keep you coming back.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »
To kill Goo you have to make sure he is not in water and that you are in water.  I always back into the hall way and retreat until I get the right condition.  He is one of the toughest characters.

Monks are just annoying as shit.  One trick is to use a weapon that can't be knocked out of your hand.

And if you think monks are annoying just wait until deeper levels.

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
  • Defender of the Creme Egg
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »
This game can be summed up then as "lots of RNG, you will fail until you know tactics, then you will get much further and it will be easier, but RNG will still determine stuff"?

Orbert

• Fal
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »
Yeah.  It's not a game that's meant to be beaten on a regular basis, but rather to see how far you can get before your luck runs out.  Once in a great while, everything will come together and you beat the game.  Kinda like playing Solitaire, but with worse odds.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
Yeah.  It's not a game that's meant to be beaten on a regular basis, but rather to see how far you can get before your luck runs out.  Once in a great while, everything will come together and you beat the game.  Kinda like playing Solitaire, but with worse odds.

This.  For the most part.  You do get better as you learn what learns and what doesn't.  That said you also need a bit of luck with the drops and choices in order to truly progress. 

Another mile stone in the game is to unlock class specifications.  That does make things easier.  I think you get the class specification once you beat the third boss with a character.

D2Addict

• Ko
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 02:43:56 AM »
I probably could add some tips to the original list but don't want to if you would rather discover it on your own.  I did find the secret to the wells and ways to help you identify some potions easier.

I got a 500 games played badge recently.    :o

I was cruising through a game in really good shape yesterday and was killed ridiculously quick.  I had great upgraded armor and a stunning glaive and several healing potions but the damage from a couple dwarf warlocks wiped me out right after I stepped in a room.  Armor doesn't seem to matter with their magic damage.  I had a similar one with a couple evil eyes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:48:12 AM by D2Addict »
Still Just D2 1.09B
ARTEMIS 95 Bowazon
STORM 64 MA Assassin

Orbert

• Fal
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
Beat the third boss (the bulldozer thing) with a Mage the other day, unlocking the Huntress.  I feel like I'm actually getting better at this game.  In reality, I'm really just learning how the heck things work, which I suppose is the same thing.

D2Addict

• Ko
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 07:09:30 AM »
I finally finished Pixel Dungeon yesterday. :)  It gave me an option of call it a day or continue the fight.  I barely beat the final 2 due to a lack of healing potions or other help.  I stopped at that point and it shows the Amulet of Yendor.  Not sure where going on takes you.

You get a armor repair kit after beating the Dwarf King.  When I used it on scale armor it was a significant downgrade from what I had even though it says it keeps old properties.  I had like +9 Scale Armor absorbing 40+ damage and went to it with like 10 absorb.  :(  I think I used it on plate armor before and it was ok?
Still Just D2 1.09B
ARTEMIS 95 Bowazon
STORM 64 MA Assassin

Reigns

• Parsley Boy
  • Lem
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
I'm now playing Mortal Kombat X on my iPhone.  I sort of like it better than the version on my PS4
Oh sweet, sweet irony.
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!