Author Topic: Shadow Realms  (Read 1350 times)

Agodeshalf

• Io
Shadow Realms
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts about Shadow Realms?  Looks like it could be interesting.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2462416,00.asp

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Re: Shadow Realms
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »
It looks interesting.  Ultimately, because it is online only, I will pass.

I have yet to really get into multiplayer games.  It has never worked well schedule wise and I like going at my own pace.

BioWare keeps on tellng me that 'I've been chosen'.  Meh...pass.

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
I'm intrigued. The persistent world experience of Neverwinter Nights was the most fun I've ever had gaming, and this looks to be the closest approximation of that I've seen.
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Beorach

• Earthling
  • Amn
  • An mbeidh pionta beorach agam? Slainte!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:17:49 PM »
That sounds very cool.  I haven't played anything like that since the first Vampire: The Masquerade game.  That one allowed you to play as a GM and I enjoyed running modules or whatever you want to call them.  You could design your own maps, of course, and even take over the bodies of any of your NPC's to narrate as you chose...
A toolbox of uniform processes transportable worldwide as a framework continuously improving to deliver superior products and service by a ready bench.

Battle.net tag: Kungming#1493

Jedsia

• Her Majesty
  • Ko
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
I miss persistant worlds. If this delivers in the way NWN 1 did, I'll be all over it.
Diablo 3 Profile