Author Topic: The general gaming chatter thread  (Read 228508 times)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
The general gaming chatter thread
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
Rules of the thread:

Talk about game stuff.
But no fighting games.
No fighting game tournaments.
No game tournaments of any sort that involve anyone who calls himself/herself a "professional" gamer.
No console wars. Talk about console games if you want. But not the consoles themselves. At all.

Carry on!

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
Re: The general gaming chatter thread
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 11:37:39 AM »
Resident Evil Revelations is pretty awesome. Just saying.

The Secret World is quickly sneaking up on Mass Effect (series) for my "favorite game ever" position. It's so fucking good in so many, many ways. And every time I solve some obscure puzzle quest without having to google the answer I feel a tiny bit smarter. lol

lemming

• Io
    • http://milamberspf.proboards7.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 11:46:02 AM »
pbthhhhhhhh!

:P

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
  • Defender of the Creme Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 12:25:46 PM »
I've been playing angry birds space on steam. Quite fun and then trying to get three stars on levels is making me scratch my head a bit but still fun.

lemming

• Io
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
For the record, I can't tell if you're "just teasing" or not.

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »
For the record, I can't tell if you're "just teasing" or not.
Its in poor taste if he is.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 04:49:01 AM »
So, Tomb Raider sequel is a go, confirmed by Crystal Dynamics dude.

Probably a few years out, but I'm already excited. CANNOT WAIT!

Sequel to the best game of 2013 (so far) and one of the overall best games in years? YES PLEASE!

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 05:45:21 AM »
Dragon's Crown is a current controversy-machine that's all the rage to play, but with an obnoxious, immature, and somewhat asinine designer/artist, built around an interesting mix of really good and really bad art, and also exclusive to PS3/Vita so it can just DIAF, but....!

This image cracked me up anyway:

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »
So, Tomb Raider sequel is a go, confirmed by Crystal Dynamics dude.

Probably a few years out, but I'm already excited. CANNOT WAIT!

Sequel to the best game of 2013 (so far) and one of the overall best games in years? YES PLEASE!

Awesome news :D

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »
I hope they up the puzzle content...other wise just heaps more of the same!

lemming

• Io
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 10:51:12 AM »
King of Fighters XIII - Steam Edition announced.  If they completely overhaul and fix the netcode then it'll be worth it, because that game deserves more love.
I'm a little torn on this. It's nice to see a PC port, but it's also coming two years after the console version. It'd be great if it did well, but between the lack of promotion, the "bad netcode" tag, the delay, and the fact that it's already a niche IP, I'm pretty sure it's getting sent out there to die.

but with an obnoxious, immature, and somewhat asinine designer/artist
Outside of Kamitani's character designs for Dragon's Crown, what makes you say that? I don't think anyone's complained about Odin Sphere or Muramasa, so I'm guessing it's that picture of the dwarves bathing?

and also exclusive to PS3/Vita so it can just DIAF, but....!

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
but with an obnoxious, immature, and somewhat asinine designer/artist
Outside of Kamitani's character designs for Dragon's Crown, what makes you say that? I don't think anyone's complained about Odin Sphere or Muramasa, so I'm guessing it's that picture of the dwarves bathing?

His attitude speaks for itself, but seriously "aside from the character designs" is a silly thing to say when it's those character designs that are the problem (along with things like the interactively-molestable chained up woman in the game).

And yes, the perfect example is the posting of the pic of the three wet naked dwarves with the incredibly immature "oh you don't like the ludicrously bouncy and oversized balloon tits on the sorceress? You must be gay! Have some dwarf meat!"

and also exclusive to PS3/Vita so it can just DIAF, but....!
http://furtherandfaster.paab.biz/wp-content/uploads/6a00d83452192b69e20168e60077cb970c-pi.jpg

What?  I don't like exclusives. They irritate me. I haven't ever hid that fact.

I don't like xbox exclusives, I don't like ps3 exclusives, and I don't even like PC exclusives when they're exclusive for the sake of it and not for practical reasons related to console limitations.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:09:29 AM by Pixelated »

lemming

• Io
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
His attitude speaks for itself, but seriously "aside from the character designs" is a silly thing to say when it's those character designs that are the problem (along with things like the interactively-molestable chained up woman in the game).

And yes, the perfect example is the posting of the pic of the three wet naked dwarves with the incredibly immature "oh you don't like the ludicrously bouncy and oversized balloon tits on the sorceress? You must be gay! Have some dwarf meat!"
I think the 50 Shades of Grey series is puerile, but that doesn't mean that I think that E. L. James is immature. How can you make such a definitive claim about Kamitani's personality from a subset of his work?

I can understand being offended by the dwarf pictures, although I'm pretty sure there's confirmation bias going into that, too. If you're inclined to dislike him, of course you'll read the last line as "Jason Schreier dislikes huge boobs, he must like gay imagery!"

What?  I don't like exclusives. They irritate me. I haven't ever hid that fact.

I don't like xbox exclusives, I don't like ps3 exclusives, and I don't even like PC exclusives when they're exclusive for the sake of it and not for practical reasons related to console limitations.
If you dislike system exclusivity on principle, you don't do a very good job at expressing it. It always comes across as "I'd like to play this game but I don't want to spend $150 on another system, so I'm going to get faux-outraged over it."

Also, I don't think I've ever seen you get anywhere close to that verbally irked by a PC exclusive. Feel free to contradict that; I'm not particularly well-versed with your post history.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »
Ugh. Why does everything have to be a debate with you? I do not want to have a full-fledged debate with you (or anyone) about game shit. I have way more important and interesting things to do. When I post, it's just that - a goddamn forum post, made exactly as if it were casual conversation over a beer and a grill with buddies. If you are expecting anything different, perhaps you have misjudged what GO is all about?

At no point do I sit back and contemplate all the nuances of everyone's statements back to the beginning of time, or compare what they say now with what they said before, or consider if they're being consistent... instead of, you know, just talking. If I wanted to write a fucking thesis instead of just, you know, bullshitting about games, I'd go back to writing my fucking dissertation instead.

Every time I post something I don't want to have it dissected with a bunch of "what makes you say that" shit. What makes me say that? That's how I feel at that particular moment when I posted it, godfuckingdammit. That's what makes me say it. Problem with that? Too goshdarn bad. And guess what? Tomorrow I might say something completely contradictory when I'm in a different mood! People are like that. Who knew?

I am allowed to express my opinion that Kamitani is an immature putz. I do not have to present thesis-level evidence for this opinion. I can just say it: George Kamitani is a buffoon who needs to get laid once in a while. That's it. That's an opinion. And this is just a casual forum for people to talk about things and opinions.

I do not have to go through my post history and pick out evidence supporting my opinion that platform exclusives suck. If I haven't often expressed being "verbally irked" at PC exclusives it could be because I don't know of that many - except for ones that are that way because of actual limitations of the console hardware.

So take your constant little jabs and your "faux-outrage" and put them somewhere safe. Before someone gets hurt on them...

Thank you very much and have a nice day.