Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 34079 times)

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
« Reply #420 on: May 25, 2015, 04:57:55 AM »
Virtuoso playing support does make perilous a walk in the park. Barrier, armor (or occasionally resists especially vs demons), life on hit or attack speed depending on your teammates HPs make groups unkillable, but I agree, a bit annoying that people try to park you in this role. I had a full support build and decided to switch to hybrid one : I go to life on hit song on defensive tree and do put one point to get armor song, and power chord + passive which boosts your damage for having fire chords queued.

Means I can actually charge in and do hurt stuff when things are going well, but can cover teammates when things get rough. Armor song does make a huge difference when being pummeled by archers.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #421 on: May 25, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »
I tried to get some of the highest-end warrior equipment and maybe one of the other best staves but no luck, though the one Rogue chest I bought gave me a Punched By The Maker but the Longbow of the Griffin is still probably better.  The first time I used an Archer with it on Threatening against the Dragon we one-cycled it (never got to fly off, although it somehow summoned its babies after it died).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2015, 02:22:39 AM »
I tried to get some of the highest-end warrior equipment and maybe one of the other best staves but no luck, though the one Rogue chest I bought gave me a Punched By The Maker but the Longbow of the Griffin is still probably better.  The first time I used an Archer with it on Threatening against the Dragon we one-cycled it (never got to fly off, although it somehow summoned its babies after it died).

I'd say Punched by the Maker is better for archer, because you're usually far enough from the action that the secondary shots do not hit, and Griffon better for hunter since you play him at a distance where those secondary shots will urt.

A bit disappointed by my hybrid Virtuoso. Still making some key passives so I'll withhold final judgment till then, but if you try to dps a bit seriously, you help the rest of the team much less, and I don't feel like the damage I was dealing made that much difference.

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »
I tried the Virtuoso this past weekend and really enjoyed it. On Threatening, I routinely placed 1st or 2nd, often with gold medal kill streaks. For good pugs, was able to go mostly offence, and with bad pugs went full support (which meant we actually finished a couple of matches we wouldn't have otherwise).

Given the fact that even PUGs at threatening are a mixed bag, and some very bad Perilous experiences, I've basically stuck to Threatening.

What I've read agrees with Godji - PBTM is better for archers, Griffon is better with Hunters for the reasons Godji describes. I don't have either, so can't comment first hand.
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
Generally when I play Archers I don't have a good "melee" range skill so using the Griffon provides that kind of defense since it can one-shot nearly anything up close, and an Enhanced Long Shot ring will let me get instant 5-7 kill streaks from afar (I use Leaping Shot too but I don't want to have to use that on every melee unit).  With Hunters I do like to use Toxic Cloud a bunch to get some poison kills so the triple shot does come in to play a bit more but the 2 weapons DPS are the basically the same so the special skills do basically the same as well.

I like that the Avvar's charge lets you stop after knocking over a guy, do a 180 and smash him immediately.  Unfortunately the last 3 matches I played with the Avvar errored out every time so I got all the money but no experience so I haven't been able to test his higher skills.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »
Another multiplayer patch released a few days ago.  Adds a new Nightmare difficulty, but also drastically changes the armor values for each class such that the upgrades make huge differences (the higher level armors before were only 70-95 armor, now they're 160-180), so the easier difficulties are much much easier now.  They also added several level 24-25 rare weapons, and lower level versions of high-end stuff, first chest I bought had a level 12 version of Punched by the Maker.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
Another multiplayer patch

*sigh*

Oh, Bioware, how I miss you.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »
Here's one of the newer weapons (w/upgrades I've added to it):

Bitter Axe
Level 24
340 DPS

208 Damage
+25 Electricity Damage
+16% Attack
+20% Critical Chance
+12 Strength
On Kill: Target Explodes for 100% Weapon Damage
(Balanced One-Handed Haft and Superb Lightning Rune added)

The On Kill leads to every enemy exploding into bits on death, leading to some awesome chain explosions.  The explosion even triggers when doing the Wrath of the Heavens/Spell Purge combo.  I seem to be getting very lucky with the one-handed weapons, as I already had the Firm Tournament Axe, Caliban, and unique Longsword of the Dragon, and now this.

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2015, 01:24:33 AM »
Nice find! I got the new bow myself (to the surprise of no one, since my first end game weapon was Griffon, and my first dragon weapon was bow). Same kind of stats, and its proc effect is 1% LoH (which with its native 20ish% LoK means I can just drop the LoK ring and go for pure damage stats on accessories).

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2015, 10:13:38 PM »
Watched some videos of the new Descent DLC.  Seems very very short, like the Jaws of Hakkon, although it is Dwarf-focused and does a decent job of expanding on their lore (and possibly give the first clue as to what Sandal is), but also is like "to be continued, because we're totally leaving most of the explanation for the next full game".  The enemies appear to have "lyrium-imbued weapons", i.e. laser sniper rifles.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #430 on: August 26, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »
Apparently starting with this last DLC and update, all patches will be current-gen only, so I can't get them on my PS3 version.  The last multiplayer patch added the Darkspawn as an extra faction to fight against, although they look like reskins of Venatori and not upgraded versions of DA:O models.  The next story DLC is supposed to be called Wolf Hunt and appears to involve a search for Solas in much the same way as Witch Hunt was a search for Morrigan in DA:O.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2015, 02:01:22 AM »
And looks like they released the last DLC faster than expected, called "Trespasser".  It's focused more on what happens to the Inquisition and your companions 2 years after the game.  Again, it seems very short from the videos I've seen, but has some very worthwhile moments.  Various couples finally get together, even Cole can get a girlfriend, and you get to hear Cassandra read lines from Varric's next book, complete with silly voices. Solas is, of course, being set up as the antagonist for the next game, with some choices here supposedly being set up for how things will play out.  Thanks to FluffyNinjaLlama's channel I also saw there's a hilarious scene where if you never, ever talked to Solas about anything, he sums up the entire point of the plot of the main game and DLC in like 10 seconds.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2016, 07:44:50 PM »
Any one have a clue if you  can romance Cassandra but have Lelianna be the next devine?

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
  • Defender of the Creme Egg
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2016, 08:07:14 PM »
I hear only trump can do that

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2016, 08:16:06 PM »
Any one have a clue if you  can romance Cassandra but have Lelianna be the next devine?

Yes.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.