Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 35742 times)

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »
Will probably be the game that makes me buy a PS4.  Also hoping it doesn't come out near the same time as The Witcher 3, they would probably cancel each other out (both are 3rd installments, both going open-world, etc.).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 09:00:03 AM »
Getting more excited about this!

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »
Cassandra Pentaghast (the dark haired lady who is interrogating Varric in DA2) and Cullen (DA:O and DA2) confirmed companions and love interests.
narsica's Top 5 Thread

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »
New trailer.

Release date is October 7!
narsica's Top 5 Thread

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:16 PM »
Also, three specializations confirmed:
- For mages, Knight Enchanter (seems to be a reworking of Arcane Warrior)
- For warriors, Champion (also looks like Templar and Reaver)
- For Rogues, Artificer
narsica's Top 5 Thread

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 11:49:38 AM »
Can't decide if I should play through DA2 in advance of Inquisition!

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »
Can't decide if I should play through DA2 in advance of Inquisition!

I haven't paid a ton of attention but I don't think it continues the Hawke storyline does it? So not really necessary to replay 2 if you already did.

But if you haven't then you absolutely should.

And if you have, well, there's no good reason not to replay it anyway.  :p

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »
I have never played the second one.  You are the first person I have seen strongly recommending playing the second.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
I hated it when it first came out... because it wasn't Dragon Age 1. It deviated in so many ways (the human-only, pre-named, voice-acted main character, for one thing). When I went back to it earlier this year after a couple years away from DA:O and took it on its own terms, I enjoyed the hell out of it, played it straight through, and immediately started over with a different class.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 06:29:30 PM »
Dragon Age 2 is worth playing (despite the reused areas) because it is actually a decent game with a decent story. However, that being said, it's not required to play DA:I - the Dragon Age Keep will allow you to set plot flags for both DA:O and DA2 without having to replay them.

Also, Dragon Age is being featured at E3 tomorrow, so expect news/new gameplay footage/etc.
narsica's Top 5 Thread

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
DA2 was very much worth playing at bargain price like it is these days.  The characters are still really good, and the combat can be fun but in a different way (less strategic, more visceral).  It sets up the Templar/Mage conflict so it is pretty important story-wise.  The entire game is basically narrated by Varric and Cassandra's conversation about Hawke, and both of them will be companions in DAI.  It was "disappointing" in the wake of DA:O's greatness with its technical issues, smaller scope and gameplay changes, but it's not a bad game at all.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »
I bought it dirt cheap on Origin by vpn-ing into the Mexico store.  It is one of those things where after I have done it I immediately wondered if this is the kind of thing that will get my account banned.  Too late now I guess.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »
Saw a bit of gameplay shown on Twitch's E3 Stream, with some confirmation shown that you can switch between DA:O and DA2 styles of combat mid-battle.  Spell effects were quite pretty in the dragon battle shown.