Author Topic: Recreation of Baldur's Gate in 3D through NWN2 mod  (Read 6238 times)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: Recreation of Baldur's Gate in 3D through NWN2 mod
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
The camera in NWN2 was shit of an epic scale. A large part of why I gave up playing the game related to how horrible it was. Not surprising that it's not any better/different in a mod... but unfortunate.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure there was a mod to fix the camera in nwn2...
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »

That's possible. I almost-kinda-sorta remember that.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »
I wish GOG would put the damn game+expansion pack on sale already.  I have a hankering, dammit! And I can't just buy the xpacks anywhere. And Steam doesn't have NWN2 anymore.

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »

That's possible. I almost-kinda-sorta remember that.

This was bugging me, so I had to look it up on BSN, and lo and behold it's not a mod but some .ini tweaks. I found the thread here.
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
Ooh thanks for doing that legwork nars, I believe this mod doesn't play well with other mods, but it probably doesn't have an issue with .ini changes.

I will give it a try.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Agodeshalf

• Io
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
Awww.
well plat version is on dirt cheap sales often, hopefully get lucky.
edit: wow, steam doesn't sell it anymore? bummer. Though GoG may have a good deal.

And so it comes to pass:

http://www.gog.com/promo/definitive_dungeons_and_dragons

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
Awww.
well plat version is on dirt cheap sales often, hopefully get lucky.
edit: wow, steam doesn't sell it anymore? bummer. Though GoG may have a good deal.

And so it comes to pass:

http://www.gog.com/promo/definitive_dungeons_and_dragons

Still not a good deal. Unless someone actually wants all the old games for some reason. I couldn't justify $21.10 myself just for NWN2 though.

Now, if NWN2 Complete by itself were 80% off, I'd be all over it!

I'll  hold out for 75% somewhere...

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
Someone gifted me the NWN2 Complete last night.

Downloaded.

Installed this morning.

Eager to get home from work and start playing. I'll hold off on the BG remake for now, though. I have to re-learn the ruleset first!

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:20 AM »
Soooo many skills in NWN 2, arguably too many.  Especially when for the BG mod more than half of them won't even do anything (ie no Craft opportunities, virtually no stealthed enemies, no known occasions to use Diplo/Intim type skills, no med packs to use Heal with).  They give them all a use in the boxed campaign though.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 01:50:56 PM »
Soooo many skills in NWN 2, arguably too many.  Especially when for the BG mod more than half of them won't even do anything (ie no Craft opportunities, virtually no stealthed enemies, no known occasions to use Diplo/Intim type skills, no med packs to use Heal with).  They give them all a use in the boxed campaign though.

Yeah, and not enough skill points, especially since Tumble and Spellcraft are sooooo good (and usually were cross-class for me).
narsica's Top 5 Thread

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
Spellcraft?

Why?

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 02:25:49 PM »
You get +1 spell resistance for every 5 points.  Makes it an "every class should want" kind of thing.  By comparison the thing it is primarily meant for (knowing what an enemy caster is casting at you) is minor value.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
You get +1 spell resistance for every 5 points.  Makes it an "every class should want" kind of thing.  By comparison the thing it is primarily meant for (knowing what an enemy caster is casting at you) is minor value.

Well sort of. You get +1 to save vs spells per 5 points, not +1 spell resist. But it's broken in NWN2 and doesn't work for any AoE spell, just for single-target spells  (makes it pointless for stuff like fireballs).

Also, there's a hard cap of +20 to any save, so it could just end up wasted on that front too. I don't think I ever put points in that for any NWN2 character. Maybe in NWN1? I don't remember now.

Anyway, it just seems like an expensive way to get a situational bonus. I'd rather invest in other things. I think. I'm trying to remember what other skills were worth a damn. lol

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »
So, yeah, damn. I forgot just how many fucking skills there are. I can't even fit all the ones I want for roleplay reasons, let alone the ones I want for gameplay reasons.

Blargh.

Time to hax? lol