Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 DLC  (Read 1987 times)

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
Mass Effect 3 DLC
« on: January 14, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »
I was thinking about starting ME3 soon and was looking into the DLC to see if any of it is any good.

All I have determined is that Bioware/EA are fucking mental.  For Omega they want to charge me MORE than I paid for the game? More than a cinema ticket? For 2.5 hours of content? REALLY?  I have to say some companies really do take the piss with their DLC.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:27:52 PM »
So far the only DLC that was worth anything was the Shadow Broker in ME2.

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »
Bring Down the Sky from ME1 was worth every penny.  It was free.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »
Bah...that doesn't count.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
Yet more DLC coming out next week and it's another $15.  Haven't cared to look into any of the DLCs.  The new one focuses on the Citadel and they said it would be the last DLC and they'll move on from here (another multiplayer DLC comes at the same time that is free).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »
Anyone checked out the new DLC yet? The chatter I'm reading/hearing everywhere is that it's The Best Thing Ever and lots of people saying it has dethroned Shadow Broker as best ME DLC.

This is relevant to my interests...

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
I'm at the point where even if the DLC were completely free I would still have to debate on whether or not it was worth my time.  The reviews are pretty good though, as this is apparently the "fan service" DLC where nearly all of the new content is focused on your characters, lots of new light-hearted scenes with them (some new romance scenes) with "more one-liners than the rest of the game and DLCs combined", and a large party for them at the end.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
Fan service sounds great. Most of the best moments in the series were character interaction, not combat. Word from most fans is "All is now forgiven". Don't know if I'd go that far, but I'm anxious to play it.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:35 PM »
Watched a bunch of the scenes online.  Be prepared to cry like a bitch if you play this DLC after being in a romance with Thane.  One of the top comments on that video was "Who is cutting all these onions in my room?!".   Ironically, since I thought Liara got the best romance scenes overall in the series, in this DLC hers is the most boring IMO.  From what I've seen though, for the most part this DLC is... ridiculous.  Just plain nuts.  Some of it painfully so but mostly laugh out loud funny.