Author Topic: Well that about wraps it up for Bioware  (Read 1402 times)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
Well that about wraps it up for Bioware
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:22 PM »
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/18/3353398/bioware-co-founders-ray-muzyka-and-greg-zeschuck-retire

I know, I know, it hasn't really been the same company since they sold out to EA anyway, but this has some grim finality to it.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
  • Defender of the Creme Egg
Re: Well that about wraps it up for Bioware
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »
Its not over till Lone Wolf and Beorach declare it failed.

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »
Well, it was pretty obvious that heads were going to roll after the utter failure of Old Republic.

Beorach

• Earthling
  • Amn
  • An mbeidh pionta beorach agam? Slainte!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
Its not over till Lone Wolf and Beorach declare it failed.

If this is in reference to D3, and, pardon the "necro," but I only referred to the general consensus I found (in reading online gaming sites regularly) that it failed.  I think that has a lot to do with whom it failed, of course.  The hardcore fanboys will always be appeased.  My personal declaration, which I shared in detail with you, was that I was burned out on and frustrated with that game.  I also suggested you play it as much as I had before casting final judgment on the game and my opinion (which you seem to have implied was not welcome here somehow or maybe it was my tone insofar as that can come across via forum posts?).  p.s. - I've only had one exchange with Lone Wolf so far but the guy seemed pretty cool to me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:18:32 PM by Beorach »
A toolbox of uniform processes transportable worldwide as a framework continuously improving to deliver superior products and service by a ready bench.

Battle.net tag: Kungming#1493

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »
I think the writing's been on the wall since the Call Of Duty additions to ME2, and the utter fuctacular shitpile that was Dragon Age 2. I know I sound bitter in the forum. But goddammit, this was Bioware. Once upon a time you simultaneously came and started throwing your credit cards at them at the mere rumor of a BW game :(

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
Egads. Dragon Age 2. Yeah. I was among the most devoted of Dragon Age fans (and creator of one of, if not THE, single most downloaded DA:O mod on the planet  :lol: ) and DA2 brought me to tears of despair. I don't believe I ever even finished the first chapter/act/whatever.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
I didn't even know what the story was until around the middle of the 3rd act. True story. I did, however, know I'd been in that same 1 dungeon 800 or so times.

Also, mod info plox? I bought DA:O for the PC, with all the DLC included, a couple of months ago, but haven't gotten around to installing because of GW2. And, well, we all know how *that* one's going now...

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
Also, mod info plox?

Trust me when I say you would not be interested. It started off as a joke mod. Then became a technical challenge as I struggled to figure out how to make stuff work that you aren't supposed to be able to make work - I was doing stuff with my mod that other people were calling impossible.

It is, however, an incredibly juvenile and pointless mod... that just happens to have hundreds of thousands of downloads (if not millions, I have not looked at the counter in a year or more). :rofl:

GW2. Yeah, I started a new guardian earlier today. I keep meaning to get back into it more seriously.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:00:04 PM »
I still don't have a GW2 toon any higher level than my L35ish Mesmer. Sorta like Gw1 before expansions - I have a much better time in the lower level areas and designing things ;)

I understand on your mod, though. I once got compiz (the old, rotating cube desktop linux thing) hacked enough to run on an old android phone I had, just because I was told it was impossible. Once I had it finished, and played with it for a couple of days, I just factory reset my phone and went about my business. A couple of people were extremely butthurt by that, but I had no interest in either releasing or supporting it outside of the personal challenge ;)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
Well, here's the mod: http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/548

DEFINITELY NOT SAFE FOR WORK, CHILDREN, SPOUSES, MOTHERS-IN-LAW, GRANDMOTHERS, OR ANYONE ELSE! :rofl:

Juvenile and silly...  but a technical achievement nonetheless. ;)

702,000 downloads and still #1 on the Nexus (well, #3 of all-time, #1 for adult-only). Heh.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:23:48 PM by Luchaire »

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »
Hey, to each there own. I thought the scenes were a good blend of racy for me, but hey. LOL