Author Topic: Dragon Age Questions  (Read 12693 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Dragon Age Questions
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
I was hesitant to go into the other threads as I don't want to see spoilers and given that this game is so old I figured that was likely.

My questions is about NPCs.  I have Alistair, Morrigan, the dog, and I just ran into Sten.  If I add Sten I lose someone else.  Is that permanent?  Can you pick them back up?

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: Dragon Age Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »
You will be able to swap them out to your heart's content once you get past a certain point (you're not very far from it) and have access to the campsite area. Until then, you are stuck with your choices.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Reigns

• Parsley Boy
  • Lem
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
I think a more important question is -- which characters can you seduce?  Morrigan was easy (no pun intended)
Who else can you nail?
:p
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!

Jedsia

• Her Majesty
  • Ko
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »
for a guy? the bard...course you can seduce her as a lady as well ;)

edit: might be minor spoilerish...but not giving away any story there. pretty obvious when you meet her....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:17:52 PM by Jedsia »
Diablo 3 Profile

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:09:53 PM »
And the elf. :P

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:22 PM »
I am a female elf.  I don't think I can get Morrigan.

Not sure who I can get.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »
No matter your race/gender, you always have one same-gender and two opposite-gender options.

Also:

I am a female elf.

Sigged. :D

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
:lol:

Dork.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »
Ok...more questions.

Opening chests...I am a rogue with one rank in pick locks but I can't open squat lately.  Very annoying.

I imagine that I need more ranks in pick lock and in cunning.  I think my cunning is between 14-17. 

What should I be aiming at in terms of my attributes?  I am current over 30 in dex and 11 strength.  I have an armor that looks nice that needs 22 strength.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
Depends on if you're dual-wielding or doing archery.  Either way I would shoot for 20-22 Str and pretty high Dex, but even more Dex for archery and the rest in Cunning for dual-wielders.  If you don't feel like putting your skill points in Pick Lock, you can bring along one of the other two Rogues to do that job, although you're better off handling it yourself.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
I am going the archery path.

What minimum should I target for Cunning?

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »
Probably 20 or so, I can't recall if there are any chests or Coercion choices that require higher than that, plus you need at least 16 to get level 4 skills.  As an archer Dex will be your priority, especially if you play Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, where the Accuracy skill makes a Dex-based Archer the most overpowered character in that game.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
Not sure if I will do Awakening.  I certainly don't feel over powered right now.

I completed the Werewolf quest for the Dalish elves.  There is a quest dealing with ancient tombs but I can't kill the main skeleton monster.

Got ambushed when leaving the Dalish elves and got my ass handed to me.

Also feel like I am doing things half assed as I missed the tavern in the first place so now I am down a companion.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
Yeah, it's a game where you want to kick over every rock  and look behind (or in) every stump. Missing stuff hurts, and it's easy to miss some big stuff.

Also, Leliana is made of winsauce (and has some of the best conversations and THE best cutscene), so you should consider going back to a previous save. ;)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
Or I start a female Wizard.

Which begs the question.  Where should you go first?  I went to the Dalish camp.  Should I have gone to Redmont?

Also I need to figure out how to survive that ambush.  Overall I am happy with my elf.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:34:20 PM by Sssith »