Author Topic: Dragon Age Questions  (Read 11915 times)

maxbeedo

• Lum
Re: Dragon Age Questions
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »
Doing the Mage's Tower first makes the rest of the game easier because of the companion you pick up there.  I typically do Redcliffe next, and flip-flop the last 2 depending on if there's something along that path I want for my character right away (which you won't know first time obviously).

And yes, I would highly recommend going back and getting Leliana.  Even for the sake of achievements, all of my characters found it pretty difficult to NOT romance her.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 12:01:37 AM »
I agree with going to the Mage's tower - for both the companion and the other bonuses you get there.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 03:11:13 AM »
I agree  that Mages' Tower first makes sense. It does, however, include the most tedious and obnoxious part of the game (there are actually mods to make you skip that entire section, it's that bad)... So just a heads-up. everyone hates it, but don't give up. Push through it and enjoy the rest of the game. ;)

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Kasferatu

• Original Wirtadin
  • Hel
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 04:28:08 AM »
I agree  that Mages' Tower first makes sense. It does, however, include the most tedious and obnoxious part of the game (there are actually mods to make you skip that entire section, it's that bad)... So just a heads-up. everyone hates it, but don't give up. Push through it and enjoy the rest of the game. ;)

I found the entire Dwarf section worse :P

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 07:31:08 AM »
Okay, not counting Kas, everyone agrees that the Mage Tower sucks. :lol:

Jedsia

• Her Majesty
  • Ko
    • FB
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »
yea i got the mod to skip the tedious part of the mage's tower, it doesn't skip the whole thing, just the sucky part. Doing it once was enough  :lol:

I usually do mages and redcliffe, then its a toss up. though the couple of times i went through, i saved dwarves for last.
Diablo 3 Profile

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:02 PM »
Well I have done Elves, and now I am at Redcliffe.

Kinda annoyed at the mini smith quest.  Seems like there was no way to get the quest without pissing of Morrigan.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
Heh, there's lots of that. If you're not pissing off Morrigan, you're pissing off Leli, or Sten, or... etc etc. Bioware is stupidly fond of the "you have to piss someone off to make someone else happy" thing.

Jedsia

• Her Majesty
  • Ko
    • FB
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
just buy their love with gifts  :lol:

(though the ultimate edition makes that a little too easy...., if not amusing)
Diablo 3 Profile

Terrorphile

• Mojito
  • Hel
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »
Female character + Leliana + Luch's "enhanced" love scenes = too much win. >.>
- Guild Wars 2
Erynn Ironheart - lvl21 Norn Guardian
 - Diablo 3
Maryanne - lvl60[8] Monk ♦ Catherine - lvl27 Wizard
 - Torchlight 2
Bolwyn - lvl53 Berzerker
 - Borderlands 2
Gaige - lvl7 Mechromacer

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
One not-widely-known bonus of being a total jerk to that blacksmith in Redcliffe (i.e. killing him) is that his replacement sells the best Longbow in the game (Far Song), and that's the only way to get it.  I've never done it myself, but it's interesting, although not necessary. 
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »
Arggg!  I am an archer.  I could use that.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »
Like I said, it's not necessary, but something to possibly shoot for in other playthroughs (even if you aren't playing an Archer then, Leliana is a good one).  It's really all about the abilities, since I don't think any Bows have any rune slots so the max damage of the best bow versus most of the other bows is about the same.  One tip, despite the description of Arrow of Slaying it is not just a "critical hit", it's like 5x the damage of a critical hit.  I was confused about that for a long time and didn't know why I would spend the point in it since Critical Shot supposedly did the same thing, then I eventually tried it and did 300+ damage on my first shot.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 02:44:42 AM »
There's an alternate way to replace the smith and get that bow without killing him. ;)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 07:34:27 AM »
Do tell.