Author Topic: ME3 Discussion w/Spoilers  (Read 12788 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Re: ME3 Discussion w/Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
From the co-founder of Bioware:

Quote from: Dr. Ray Muzyka
As co-founder and GM of BioWare, I’m very proud of the ME3 team; I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work we’ve yet created. So, it’s incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game’s endings were not up to their expectations. Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics – but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.

I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3’s endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.

Mass Effect 3 concludes a trilogy with so much player control and ownership of the story that it was hard for us to predict the range of emotions players would feel when they finished playing through it. The journey you undertake in Mass Effect provokes an intense range of highly personal emotions in the player; even so, the passionate reaction of some of our most loyal players to the current endings in Mass Effect 3 is something that has genuinely surprised us. This is an issue we care about deeply, and we will respond to it in a fair and timely way. We’re already working hard to do that.

To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we’re planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I’m proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.

Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary.

If you are a Mass Effect fan and have input for the team – we respect your opinion and want to hear it. We’re committed to address your constructive feedback as best we can. In return, I’d ask that you help us do that by supporting what I truly believe is the best game BioWare has yet crafted. I urge you to do your own research: play the game, finish it and tell us what you think. Tell your friends if you feel it’s a good game as a whole. Trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback. As artists, we care about our fans deeply and we appreciate your support.

Thank you for your feedback – we are listening.

Ray

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
lol

I see you gave in to read about the ME3 ending controversy.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
That about sums it up, yeah, and based on every response from Bioware, they f-ing love what they did with the ending too.  To them, their ending is the ultimate ending ever written in the history of ever.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:10:49 PM by maxbeedo »
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
lol

I see you gave in to read about the ME3 ending controversy.

Heh I had to see what the hubbub was.  I have managed to mostly avoid specific spoilers  but, yeah, I get the gist of it. ;)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
If you can get through this without laughing until you pee yourself, you're not human:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »
BIOWARE WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID I PLAY THESE GAMES AND GET SO INVESTED.

I don't even wanna talk about it. That was the biggest lameass bullshit end I've ever seen.  None of it makes sense, none of it provides closure, and none of it is affected by all the very difficult decisions made up to it.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

synuclein

• aka Salem
  • Ko
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
If you can get through this without laughing until you pee yourself, you're not human:

ROFL

"Republicans are blaming President Obama for creating Donald Trump, while others say he was created in a lab when a young real estate developer was bitten by a radioactive douchebag."
---Conan O'Brien

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 05:08:42 PM »
http://arkis.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#/d4sllwt

Fuck Bioware.  This is how it ends for me.  5 billion times more satisfying AND makes more sense.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »

ROFL

QFT

Those Hitler over dubs have been over done but that was masterful.

Quote from: Hitler
I just wanted to be with Tali in the end.

:rofl:

I am focusing as best I can on the fact that the rest of the game rocked.

There is a post out there supposedly done by a rogue writer from the team.  He basically says that everything was veted over and over by the writer team.  Everything they wrote was worked over like this relentlessly by each other, nothing was spared.  Everything criticized and improved.

Except, of course, the end.  Which was only worked on by the lead.  He did that in a vacuum according to the source.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:24:53 PM by Sssith »

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:18 PM »
There is a post out there supposedly done by a rogue writer from the team.  He basically says that everything was vented over and over by the writer team.  Everything they wrote was worked over like this relentlessly by each other, nothing was spared.  Everything criticized and improved.

Except, of course, the end.  Which was only worked on by the lead.  He did that in a vacuum according to the source.

That post has been debunked. It's faked.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
I could see that alternate ending working in the end.  The "bad" endings are pretty bad, but wouldn't be considered as bad if there were actually good endings to get.  I grew up playing a lot of games where you'd only get the good ending if you beat it on the hardest difficulty (Double Dragon 2, TMNT 4: Turtles in Time, etc.), so making the good ending hard to get wouldn't detract from it in my opinion... there just isn't a good ending right now, no matter what you do.

Anyone feel like talking about what they LIKED about the game?
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
There is a post out there supposedly done by a rogue writer from the team.  He basically says that everything was vented over and over by the writer team.  Everything they wrote was worked over like this relentlessly by each other, nothing was spared.  Everything criticized and improved.

That post has been debunked. It's faked.

Says who...Bioware?  :-P

Somehow I don't trust them.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
Anyone feel like talking about what they LIKED about the game?

I loved walking around and hearing some awesome side conversations.  It wasn't uncommon for me just to stand there for a couple of minutes listening.  I love the one between Garrus and Vega.

They were hysterical.

Then there was the one where Wrex made fun of the fact that Sheppard was shacking up with Liara.

Wrex Wins.