Author Topic: ME3 Discussion w/Spoilers  (Read 12785 times)

Gohanman

• Lem
    • http://gohanman.com
Re: ME3 Discussion w/Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 07:26:46 AM »
Yeah, even bronze is pretty brutal by yourself. Does it make any difference if you host / create a match instead of joining someone else's?

Supposedly you can lower the 5k plateau to 4k with paragon/renegade options at the very end, but there was one speech check I didn't have high enough paragon for. I think it only works if you played completely paragon or completely renegade (or it's a second playthrough).

Huyghe (Wizard :: 60)
Westmalle (Demon Hunter :: 60)
Bernardus (Monk :: 60)
Corsendonk (Barb :: 60)
Fantome (Witch Doctor :: 60)

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »
MORDIN! NOOOOOOO!

:needhug:

*disappearing again until game is finished*

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »
Yeah...that was an  great scene.

There has been several touching scenes.

This is an epic game.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
For MP it doesn't even matter if I'm alone or not, it will disconnect me every 10-20 minutes or so, even if I'm not in a game and only adjusting my powers/equipment, so the only games in which I can get any XP are the games that end quickly, which means either playing by myself and not lasting past wave 3, or hoping I play with terrible people (which hasn't happened).  I've now played in 14 games where we got to at least wave 8 when I got disconnected, so that's about 3 hours of pointlessness.

Also, whenever you switch between MP and SP, it resets ALL of your saved options to default (audio, gameplay, etc.).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
Well, I finished it.  Ashley wears a leopard skin bra as far as I can tell ;). Apparently I got the 5000+ ending despite only having 4300 or so, based on the descriptions I'm reading.  Tip for the final battle: Make sure you know how to deal with Brutes, you'll be dealing with 6 of them simultaneously at one point.  The Reputation bar is apparently full even with a gap at the top, as I couldn't gain any more during the final mission and ended up making the Illusive Man pull a Saren.  Part-way through the final mission on Earth you'll get a chance to talk to everyone in your squad (and from previous games), and that's about the only closure you'll get so make sure you take advantage.  Liara's in particular was, frankly, amazing, but that doesn't surprise me, nor does the revelation it provided (something we all guessed but wasn't explicitly shown/stated as far as I know).  The scene is probably very different if you're romancing her though.  I was planning on immediately jumping in with my Renegade character, but after that ending though, I'm not sure I want to play through it all again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:36:40 PM by maxbeedo »
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
Didn't read your full post...Got down and dirty with Liara...In the Cerberus base...not finished but close.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 07:10:18 AM »
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:48 AM »
Yup, pretty much.  They've basically said, "We're taking all discussion and criticism into account... but there's no way in hell we're changing the ending."  They'll just make a Mass Effect 4 - "The Start of a New Trilogy".

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
WTF just happened?

I just finished and I don't follow.  I thought I was going to be given three choices and then...um...no.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
Just been thinking it through and reading on the web.

Bioware screwed it up.

This has always been a game about choice and the result of those choices.  In the ultimate moment of the game you get dicked and you really don't get a choice.

That doesn't mean that it isn't worth playing, because it is.  It just means that Bioware/EA screwed it up and took the easy way out and did not live up to their promises.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »
You get a "choice" if you've got a high galactic readiness rating and such, but nothing you've done up to that point comes back to point you in one direction or another.  You could do a complete 180 and choose a different path than the one you've been role-playing up to that point, kinda like KOTOR or Jedi Academy.  If your GRR isn't high then it forces you in to one or maybe two choices, you have to get fairly high to get all 3 choices.  I got all 3 by having destroyed the collector base in ME2, had 4300ish GRR, and was maximum Paragon and passed the last check.  I don't personally have a problem in what the 3 choices are (although there are better options they didn't go with), or that it's kinda sudden that you're given those choices, I'm just not a fan at all about how it doesn't take anything up to then into account, how you're only given a token 5-10 seconds showing what your decision does (no repercussions, etc.), and how all 17 endings are basically exactly the same except for cosmetic differences.  I think if Shepard voiced an opinion based on your decisions up to that point it would help, if the 3 choices gave you VASTLY different endings it would help, and that the ending lasted like 20 minutes giving you some closure (my favorite RPG endings of all-time are FF6 and DA:O, and those were just single games), but maybe that's just me. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:30:29 PM by maxbeedo »

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 07:17:41 AM »
One of the big problems is that the developers have always touted the story line and how you would have great choices up to and including the end.  There is no divergence in the end.  You end up with blue, green, or red.  And really all we are talking here is shading.  No real differences.  I am starting to feel like the eternal champion.  No matter what I do every always ends up the same.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »
I think this might just sum up how stupid the ending is.  And it doesn't even tough on so many other issues raised by the ending.

Brilliant.

And Bioware should be taken out back and beaten.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 07:25:27 AM »
A better ending:

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »
No need to explain.