Author Topic: New Version Review  (Read 1241 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
New Version Review
« on: July 21, 2011, 05:19:39 PM »
The first thing that I have to say is that this is not a freeware game.  You can play the first two acts and then you have to buy a ticket to get to the rest of the game.  You can not pay and instead trade for the ticket.  It seems to cost about 400K palladium.  Once you buy/get the ticket you don't have to do it again.  It is basically a 1 ticket per account thing. 

As for the review of the game itself.  Much better than when they left off.  They start you off with a tutorial that is pretty annoying and the start of the game is much changed.  You also go on a mission where they lend you come cool equipment.  I almost think that the purpose of this is to show you how cool your toon can look all deck out. 

The game mechanics are pretty much the same.  The whole point I think is that things have been thought through this time.  Achievements can have perks assigned to them.  They also added this thing where each area has their own monster count.  If you hit that count you get a mini little boss that adds to the fun and has better drops.  Another cool items is that the out door areas are much bigger.  And why the look of them is almost the same they have done enough changes that it is pretty nice.  Also the outdoor areas connect to each other in different places.  So and there are alley ways that lead to different areas.  Quests have been changed a little.  They seem to have gotten rid of some of the stupid annoying quests.  Also that Mind of Tech 314 is still there but in doesn't culminate into the stupid monkey think latching itself to the guys face.

As yet I have not played the whole game I am only beginning act 3.  But I am looking forward to getting back to Stonehenge which is available.  I already got a taste of the new Japan area and the little bit I saw seems positive.

Negatives.  There is still some lag at times.  Really I only noticed when I was playing the game and streaming a baseball game but still annoying.  Inventory space.  Very limited on the toon itself.  Which has lead to the second purchase I have made.  An automatic dissembler.  Breaks down all items under a given level.  Personally I am going with everything that less than Legendary.  I actually really like this feature.  You get 500 items dissembled for 50 cents.  Not a bad deal in my book.

Uniques are much more plentiful.  The trick is that the come as recipes.  If you want it you have to use your components to build it. 

I am sure there is more stuff that I should comment on that I am forgetting.  I will post more as I get further along.  Overall I am enjoying and I do not begrudge the $5.00 I have spent.

mn4nu

• Mal
Re: New Version Review
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:01:07 AM »
I am still playing the modded SP version with a marksman at lvl 50.  Want to finish the game proper and kill Syd on elite NM and then I wil think I've had enough.  Glad you like the new version.  I just can't see myself investing more time into this game.