Author Topic: HGL:Relaunch  (Read 2831 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
HGL:Relaunch
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:00:31 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6314724/hellgate-london-reopening-later-this-year

I wonder what the business model really is.  Micro transactions doesn't tell me much.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: HGL:Relaunch
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
I imagine the model will be the same as all the other FtP-with-microtransaction games, like DDO, LOTRO, etc.

Free to play basic content with limited # of characters. Can purchase "bonus" content, extra classes, special gear, cosmetic stuff, character slots, etc. Probably an auction house that you can get limited access to for free or greater access if you pay. In short - all the usual ways to nickel and dime you to death while letting you think you're playing a free game. :D

I am familiar with this approach, having sunk WAY more money than I'd care to admit into the "free" DDO... :lol:

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »
Got mine. :D

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
Also: Interesting that they removed DX10 support from the game. :lookaround:

ShatteredFriend

• Thul
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »
Got mine also. The 50-50 random chance from clicking on the "Gates of Hell" button came through for me :cool:
stuff

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »
I am in I think.  Got some message about meeting at the gates of hell.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
I wonder if this will mess with my current install.

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
I never got the confirmiation email.  Even tried to re-send, which for some reason requires you to change the email to a different one, and I did, and didn't get a confirmiation in either email.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »
NM, was in junk folder which for some reason isn't sync'd to Outlook.  Logged in through browser and there it was.

When do the beta keys get sent out?

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »
Do you actually get a key or is it simply Account based and if you were lucky with the 50-50 chance then your account would be simply beta active or some such.

Looks like June 3rd its kicks off.

Just need to download the client, if they would release it already.

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 05:19:25 AM »
ok so I downloaded the client and jumped onto a server quickly today, now I remember when this first came out but I do not remember it looking so hideous to the point of distracting.

Textures are terrible, and i'm not 100% on the server location for this closed Beta but I get so much lag its not funny, kind of unplayable as it stands.

Really really disappointed.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 11:49:48 AM »
Unplayable?

:lol:

It was playable by the end of the time when Flagship went down.  They made it worse?

edit: downloading the client
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:57:32 AM by Sssith »

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
Got it installed and got some playing time in.

It is different...first impressions is a mixed bag.  The default graphic settings SUCKED.  Bumped them up.  I hope they take effect next time I log in.  Things are different...with a bunch of stuff that is the same.  It is a bit weird.

Overall...reserving judgement.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »
Played a bit more.  There are two ways to set graphics...on launch and in game.  Got my graphic quality back to normal for HGL levels.  A bit laggy in stations...which is how it was before the shut down.  Somethings are different some things are the same.  Seems they are trying to dumb down the game.  Skills are now on three tabs.  Some skills are changed for the Blademaster...at least I think they are.  Never played a blademaster.  Could you do Blademaster in FP mode?  I can't enter FPS mode in the new version...