Author Topic: One month later... finally starting KotOR 2  (Read 4657 times)

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
One month later... finally starting KotOR 2
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »
Oh, and I did check the cut-out content... damn! Least you can say is that it's reallyt too bad it never made it into the game. I will be placing my hopes on the mod developped at http://www.team-gizka.org/

*waits to see how long it will take for Lego to buy the PC version*

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »
Well, my graphics card would have to be upgraded to play the PC version  :?

There are several subtle ways the end can play out. Not physically - it's the same fights, etc... But vastly different dialogues, etc... Different sexes, classes, and influences all seem to give small effects.

Spoilers Follow!

I think Kriea wins either way. Should you be defeated by her, on Malachor, the Force will die with you. Should you succeed, her philosophy is proven correct - that a person can choose to live without the Force and still become powerful, plus then you are strong enough to follow Revan and fight the REAL Sith, who's empire is waiting just at the edge of known space, and whom Revan left to fight. Either way, she wins. On Goto and the droid - that also bothers me with no resolution. Just this last time, I got the resolution between Mira and Hanhaar - after some 30 or 40 playings. I also, just this last time, got a resolution between Handmaiden (Brianna) and Atris+her sisters. The thing that bothers me most is no factory for HK  :evil:

End Spoilers[/u]

KnightFall

• Eth
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
We can only hope. O and i'm KnightFall and i got CRS  :lol:  i decide instead of my Gunslinger i decided to go with a Guardian or Sentinel/WeaponMaster only problem i'm having is figure out which powers i can use with heavy armor on unless i find a Zeison Sha Warrior o well i'll figure it out.

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 12:41:38 PM »
With armor, you can go for :

-Kill
-Force Wave
-Heal.

Do you even need anything else? :lol:

More seriously, Energy resistance and Force barrier should work too, as well as Stun Droid.

I think Force Scream works too.

And, of course, you can abuse the Force bond : have Kreia cast Master Speed on herself, and the Exile will receive it through the bond EVEN if wearing armor.

Lego...what do you mean by Mira/Hanharr closure?

*SPOILERS*

What I got on my playthrough (Light Side) is that at the end of Nar Shadda, Kreia saved hanharr, precisely to hunt Mira.

Then, much later, on Malachor V, I had a cutscene about Mira waking up after the crash, with Hanharr following her. And as the Exile entered the Trayus academy, Hanharr attacked Mira right where the giant Storm Beast had attacked the Exile. Mira won (of course, I controlled her! :P) and I decided to let Hanharr live.

Without telling me what it would be, is there more to it?

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 06:34:27 PM »
No, that's pretty much it. I just hadn't triggered it before  :lol:

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 05:08:51 AM »
I didn't know youcould not trigger it :lol:

As I said, i was a bit disappointed with the Influence system, as for many cars (Visas, Mira, Disciple) maxing influence is just a matter of going through their full dialog path :-/

Well, of course, I can't say I really had lot of influence with G0T0 and HK though :P No Mandalore, but from what I heard he is incomple influence-wise.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 03:31:59 PM »
Influence can be a subtle thing, although you can miss some big things (and gain) from lack of, although most of the time it's not incredibly noticeable.

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 07:35:01 PM »
Starting tomorrow:

The naked, weaponless, c*nt Sith Lord. At no point will she ever use a weapon of any kind, saber, melee, or projectile. At no point will she ever use armor or robes of any kind (either only clothes or un-upgraded miners garb, purely for asthetics). And she will do her best to alienate and turn away (lose influence with) everyone in the party. It's a "she" so that I never even accidentally have +Wisdom to my AC.

This will be played on hard. The ultimate test ;-) Unless, the ultimate test is the unarmed Assassin, the next project after the Sith Lord  :lol:

Oh, and we'll kill lots of stuff. Will try to update when relevant. ;-)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 07:37:37 PM »
Quote from: "Lego"
Starting tomorrow:

The naked Sith Lord. ... At no point will she ever use clothes of any kind.
This will be played while hard. The ultimate test ;-)

You have issues.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Mad Godji

• Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 02:03:10 AM »
Well, if it fails it will be at the beginning. Once out of Telos, you'll be kicking much ass. Now, I just don't see how you plan to do Peragus without ever using weapon or melee. If only the very first mob :P

Thalion

• The Good Samaritan
  • Hel
    • http://eveninsilence.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006, 07:03:21 AM »
Quote from: "Luchaire"
Starting tomorrow:

The naked Sith Lord. ... At no point will she ever use clothes of any kind.
This will be played while hard. The ultimate test ;-)

You have issues.

Seconded.

You seems to have lost your somewhere along the way beating the game with all the other characters Lego. And I appload you for it  :lol:
size=10]Dr. Cox: I love this moment so much I want to have sex with it.
--
Dr. Cox: This moment is so great I'd cheat on that other moment from before, marry this one and raise a family of little moments!
[/size]

MicTar

• CyberChaun
  • Ber
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »
I'm trying to get MicTar to post more?....

Hey i just got this and I am mucking thru with my first char!  Give me a chance!

~~[/size]
Winner of the The Man Who Wore Out All The Straight Jackets While Escaping From His Own Sanity award! Presented by PapaStache
Owner of The Banshee's Wail come in and have a !!!! MAY YOUR LIFE BE GOLDEN AND GREEN!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."~Benjamin Franklin
"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."~Friar Tuck
"Guiness is like drinking velvet...it's a somewhat-acquired taste, but once acquired, hard to shake."~ATCJazz
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."~Stephen Wright
"He was a wise man who invented beer.~Plato
"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"~Brian O'Rourke
"I cut my lip on a gummy fish!"~Dave in the Basement
"I still pick up els! Maybe one day I will be able to cube a zon!!!"~Drozz
"I'm strange, odd, and eccentric, all rolled into one."~nanenjakaSnowy
"...every time you MicType God kills a kitten. Why do you think Mic does it so often?"~Minor_Diety

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
Re: One month later... finally starting KotOR 2
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 05:30:43 AM »
Epic necro bump for Butch, and who doesn't love revisiting Lego v Godji nerdfests.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Butch

• Minister of Divine Fermentation
  • Mal
  • Supplanter of the ole-time god of wisdom - 2012
    • Raise Your Pints
Re: One month later... finally starting KotOR 2
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »
Epic necro bump for Butch, and who doesn't love revisiting Lego v Godji nerdfests.

Thankie.

Butch
"Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God."
  - Martin Luther