Author Topic: Dragon Age *Spoilers*  (Read 6902 times)

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
Re: Dragon Age *Spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
Heh, yeah... The Bioboards are full of amateur modders/mod-users. The real ones are on other forums. ;)

Oooh, Luch's such a snob. Looking down his nose at us "amatuer mod-users".  :razz:
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
Well if you want the good mods, you gotta leave the nursery. ;)

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »
Oh, thou great mod-maker, point this lowly one in the direction of thy greatness!
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:58 AM »
Start here.

Have a look at the Top 100 mod lists, for starters...

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 11:54:27 PM »
Start here.

Have a look at the Top 100 mod lists, for starters...

I have half a dozen of the mods in the top quarter of the list installed already. I have to say that I've heard of many of those mods in the community, so it's not as super-secret as I thought you were making it out to be.

Though I did notice a certain snobby moderator at the top of that list
narsica's Top 5 Thread

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »
Wasn't trying to be supersecret. :P

That's where the mods are, or where they usually start.

As for where the modders hang out - it's not the Bioboards. :P

And yes, I'm #1. What can I say - sex sells. :P :P :P I have mods in the top lists for DAO, Fallout 3, Oblivion... :lookaround:

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:31 PM »
Been playing Awakening most of today, here are my thoughts:

*Apparently I picked the right character to use (human noble rogue Archer) as the very first skill I got, Accuracy, is ridiculously good (basically tripled my damage output).  +Damage +Attack +RangedCrit% equal to my dexterity mod?  For a character with modified 76 dex?  Yes please.
*Allies are decent, or at least they have enough random conversations along the road to keep it interesting.
*Another trip to the fade means more permanent stat boosts.
*I sort of broke one of the quests, as I somehow got into a mine before recruiting the mage that's supposed to trigger unlocking the door to get into the mine to find her sister (the door was actually "there" twice in the same space, once as a key-required "door", again as an unlockable "silverite mine" which I unlocked and went in), so I'm guessing I missed a bunch of important dialogue
*You can buy an item which will let you redistribute skills/stat points/specializations if you want
*STORAGE CHEST NOM NOM NOM
*I lost my character's bow, helm and ring from the DLC not being converted (this being on the PS3, no mod to fix that)
*Leveling is pretty quick, about once an hour on average so far (now level 32)
*Some broken camera angles on cutscenes, with the camera in the middle of a person, etc.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:25:51 PM by maxbeedo »
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »
(this being on the PS3, no mod to fix that)

*points and laughs*

I was about to post that there are mods that fix the stuff you complained about, but yeah.... :lol:
narsica's Top 5 Thread

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »
Ending is kind of quick and sudden, with not a lot of buildup really, but the ending is thorough in taking into account what choices were available so it is fairly satisfying. 

Finished the game at level 34, around 560 HP, 133 defense (unbuffed), 189 attack, average damage of 116 (critical for 170ish about 60% of the time).  Had like 700 sovereigns, didn't buy any of the "uber" equipment I saw, probably could have spent a lot on the armor runes though as 4-5 of my characters had armors with 3 empty runeslots because I hardly found any.  The Queen of the Blackmarsh looks AWESOME, but it wasn't a very hard fight.  The random High Dragon that shows up out of nowhere later on was kinda cool, but dropped nothing.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Agodeshalf

• Io
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2010, 02:42:42 PM »
I got Awakening just because I enjoyed DA:0.  I can definitely confirm that:

1) The interaction with NPC sucks.  You can't easily interact with them and unlike in Origins, where in camp you could initiate dialog, in Awakening, it's basically triggered cut scenes when/if some event has happened.

2) No romantic interactions at all

3) The tie in to Origins was pretty much non-existent.

4) The story line was so-so, and it seemed to me rushed.

I don't have any of the mods so mods working or not wasn't an issue.   Probably not worth the money, but was a way to continue playing with my mage.  Now it's back to my elf rogue.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 10:43:17 AM »
Anyone playing Witch Hunt?  I kinda want to know if it's worth the $7.  (Or Leliana's Song for that matter)

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:30 AM »
I've bought it, but haven't played it. And I'm avoiding the threads on the Bioboards to avoid spoilers. Don't have Leliana's song, so can't comment on that.
narsica's Top 5 Thread