Author Topic: Dragon Age *Spoilers*  (Read 6663 times)

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
Re: Dragon Age *Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 07:04:21 PM »
I actually didn't mind the Fade. Yeah, it was lots of running around, back and forth, but it's pretty painless. If creatures started respawning it would be a lot more of a headache.

Luch, are there any other mods you use?
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
Luch, are there any other mods you use?

Heh.... yeah. Quite a few. :P

In no particular order, here's a few...
Shadow Warden's Armor
Personal Annoyance Remover
Detailed Tooltips
No Follower Autolevel
No Helmet Hack
Dialogue Tweaks
More Hairstyles
Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors
Natural Bodies with Realistic Look
Better Sex Cutscenes
Sacred Ashes CGI Faces (for Leliana and Sten)
Sly Zevran
Dalish Leather Revised
Less Barking Dog
Blood Templar Armor
Quick Shapeshifting
Improved Chain Lightning

Plus a fair bit of my own unreleased mod stuff, such as an archery fix, lots of item/dialog/texture changes...

And some stuff I can't recall or that I can't find links for offhand, such an Arcane Warrior spell fix, or the "Items Received" mod (which pops up the name of any item you receive instead of the generic "Item Received" message).

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »
Heh, got the platinum PS3 trophy for this game (for getting all achievements), my first for any game.

Sometimes I wish the descriptions on certain skills were more accurate.  I never really bothered to use Arrow of Slaying much until now, because all it says is that it does "an automatic critical hit", which Critical Shot already does.  Obviously there's a difference between me "criticaling" for 60-ish damage with Critical Shot, and 375+ with Arrow of Slaying.
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 04:36:31 PM »
That's why I love the Detailed Tooltips mod. Tells you exactly, numerically, what every skill does. ;)

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »
Thanks for the tip on the storage chest.  Got the mod installed and verified the chest is in camp.  Wife broke her leg yesterday so my play time has been cut quite a bit for awhile.  I'm sure I'll have more questions later!

ShatteredFriend

• Thul
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
You should break your leg in response to get that play time back =D

I decided to remake my Arcane Warrior since the first time around I didn't know the first skill you get was a buff and played through the game without it on, wondering why the invincible class was dying so often.

Also, I had no idea there was so much modding support for the game. Have to look into some of them.
stuff

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 02:13:22 AM »
Most of it is just sex scene and naked npcs, onto of overpower items  luch's list is pretty much the best of the best.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »
I think I managed to get what is probably the "least bad" ending possible.  The game likes to mess with you a bit at the end with all the "oh, you thought you were doing the right thing, but look how shitty things turned out" results from your choices, but I think I got the future-problems down to a minimum (this being my 4th playthrough, female human noble rogue archer).

Other than becoming King/Queen, there aren't many in-game changes to the story when playing a human noble.  The explanation and appearance of your brother later on is pretty stupid and unsatisfying, and the dialogue with Howe changes very little compared to any other character. 
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

narsica

• Pinkified!
  • Dol
  • Resident Angry Canadian
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 07:48:21 AM »
I actually really like the human noble origin story - it gave a much more personal twist to plotline. Of course, I haven't come close to finishing the game yet, so judgment is reserved.
narsica's Top 5 Thread

There's this fuckin' band you gotta see / They used to scare the living shit outta me / No frothing dog no cool insanity /No rock n' roll, no Christianity / Makes me feel the same way / An inch an hour two feet a day / To move through night / With very little else to say ~ The Tragically Hip, "An Inch an Hour"

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »
Meh, not entirely happy with how I did some things, I want to go for some mod... so I am restarting :lol:. Yes, pulling a Lego here :lol:

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
As I understand it, the typical gem is vendor trash? (quartz, malachite etc.)

Corpsie

• Punk'd
  • Pul
  • G'Day Mate
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
Correct, same with Private documents and blank paper.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 04:05:53 PM »
The only gem you need to keep are Garnets (need 10x for one of the "Favors for Interested Parties").  Some mid-range ones like Sapphires can be given at camp to your dwarven army, supposedly for experience pts but I've never noticed any difference no matter how much is given, so sell those too.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 04:49:20 PM »
The only gem you need to keep are Garnets (need 10x for one of the "Favors for Interested Parties").  Some mid-range ones like Sapphires can be given at camp to your dwarven army, supposedly for experience pts but I've never noticed any difference no matter how much is given, so sell those too.

You not only get XP, but giving supplies to the armies increases their equipment and stats at the end game.

Ambar

• Shael
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »
Then I'm guessing I have to do something to find the allies that want the gems?  I know I can donate runes after doing the mage tower thingy (where you get Wynne), so it stands to reason each of my "allies" are going to want something.