Author Topic: He lives....  (Read 2206 times)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
He lives....
« on: February 03, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »
I'm talking about Bill Roper...

http://www.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=16753

Can't believe he is going to heavily influence another game after the massive screw up at Flagship.

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
  • Defender of the Creme Egg
Re: He lives....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
yeah read about this a while back on diii.net.

I wouldn't write him off just because of what happened to flagship, he has done a lot of good too.  I'll judge each company/product on its own

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »
yeah read about this a while back on diii.net.

I wouldn't write him off just because of what happened to flagship, he has done a lot of good too.  I'll judge each company/product on its own

This. Besides, I'm not sure a lot of what happened to HG:L was his fault.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
Tarr you are more forgiving than I am.  He definitely screwed you over with the lifetime subscription. 

I would not be happy seeing him walk in to manage anything.

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:59:31 PM »
I don't look at it like he screwed me over. I really don't think he wanted HG:L to fail.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »
I am not saying or thinking he meant for this to happen.  But as the CEO he made the decisions that caused it to happen.

mn4nu

• Mal
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 06:31:16 AM »
Good for him I guess.  I'm still pissed about the whole Hellgate thing though.  So much potential...

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:05:37 AM »
I am not saying or thinking he meant for this to happen.  But as the CEO he made the decisions that caused it to happen.

Well, video games is a world apart. Honestly, develoment studio has ZERO power over their product. Publisher takes all the decisions, so you're probably better off blaming Namco-Bandai if you want a scapegoat about stuff like suscriptions.

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »
Schaefer lives too and is making a new game.

SP AND MMO

Best part, SP is OUT in 2009, MMO part out years later .. sounds like some have learnt from flagship .. not to say that MMO is a shit idea but aren't keeping SP as the retarded inbred kid in the basement.

http://www.diii.net/blog/comments/max-schaefer-runic-games/

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 08:40:48 AM »
I am surprised to hear that Mythos survived.  That was going to be the second game that Flagship was going to make.  It was already far along when Flaghship exploded. 

Timinator

• Official Forum Bitcher
  • Ohm
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »
I think one reason it survived is not being out its reputation wasn't shattered

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »
Well I am just surprise that Hanbi didn't take it over and kill it.  Maybe Hanbi still owns it.