Author Topic: Enjoy it while it lasts!  (Read 2251 times)

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
Enjoy it while it lasts!
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:10:52 AM »
... since it's now official that the servers will be shut down at the end of january

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
Re: Enjoy it while it lasts!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:50:53 AM »
I love the press release.  What swell guys.  :lol:

Gohanman

• Lem
    • http://gohanman.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:52:22 AM »
It was kind of inevitable.

Huyghe (Wizard :: 60)
Westmalle (Demon Hunter :: 60)
Bernardus (Monk :: 60)
Corsendonk (Barb :: 60)
Fantome (Witch Doctor :: 60)

mn4nu

• Mal
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
Well at least there is a sense of finality to it now.

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »
I hope the Koreans enjoy the game I paid $200 to beta test for them.

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:20:49 AM »
To add insult to injury for those who subbed (or, especially, took the Founder's offer): everyone who never even bothered to sub is now getting full access to all that content, too.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 08:43:01 AM »
Yeah...that is a pisser.

Honestly it is a pity that this game never met its goals.  It was actually a very enjoyable game that I played for about six months straight.  While I've played other more polished games since then I have to say that I enjoy this one a lot.

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 09:33:12 AM »
With "ifs" you can change the world, but the most annoying part in my opinion is that if the game had been released in the state it was 3 months after its actual release, that is to say with most bugs fixed, I'm pretty sure that it could have worked well.

Here, I'm pulling figures out of my arse, but I'd bet they lost more than half their potential target by releasing a product which shoud have been called an early beta.

That said, the business model seemed a bit weak too : paying for a hack and slash when all others are free is weird, but to come back to my first point, if the team had not spend the first months fixing bugs, they would have been able to work on more content which might have justified the suscribtions.

Liquid Evil

• Dol
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:49:19 AM »
Will private servers spring up to host the online play after the cut-off date or is everyone that bought this game doomed to play single player forever?
_____If I can't kill it with a druid...it can't be killed.______

SSB is so cool. Liq's project ideas are just as cool. --DarkChaos
it's time people stop hyping tub, that windy is the most horrible thing that entered the moor --nex

mn4nu

• Mal
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »
It will probably be SP forever unless you are Korean.  SP is enjoyable, but only until you get to about lvl 35.  It starts getting super hard then.  Plus, there is no way to mule or TCP/IP, so it basically sucks.