Author Topic: One last patch for NWN (1.69)  (Read 1031 times)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
One last patch for NWN (1.69)
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:45:12 AM »
I don't usually read the monthly email Bioware sends me trying to sell me new things but I did today.  Down the end after a whole lot of stuff about Dragon Age: Origins it had this little nugget:

Neverwinter Nights Final Patch

Who loves you? BioWare loves you. Grab the huge 1.69 patch for NWN and complete your collection. Content includes new creatures, music, placeable objects and tiles featured in Neverwinter Nights Premium modules Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, and Infinite Dungeons. An astounding final encore for one of the best loved RPG communities in the world.

and also

BioWare's community has more than 4 million people!

So that is actually enough people that, if you stacked them like a pyramid on a regulation-sized football field, you would probably be arrested and people would call you a monster.

which made me lol.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: One last patch for NWN (1.69)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
I can't decide what surprises me more: that Bioware is still bothering, or that people still play this...

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 06:54:47 AM »
Hey, they just patched D2 :P

I still fire this up from time to time.  I usually get to level 9 or so and have then had my fill though :)
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
Finally fixed  Rapid Reload, which will make viable a build I've been wanting to make since the freaking game was first released :lol:

Also, I see there's an "always roll max hit points" variable now. God, how long did people cry for that? :lol:

FrolfFreak

• Freaky Frolf?
  • Ko
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:47:58 AM »
Sweet!  I was just thinking about this game last week, when I remembered that I have the Diamond edition but never played through Shadows of Undrentide or Hordes of the Underdark.  Luch, remember when we spent like 5 pages trying to hash out the "perfect" character?  Did you ever play that Ranger you specced out?

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »
Finally fixed  Rapid Reload, which will make viable a build I've been wanting to make since the freaking game was first released :lol:

LOL! Nothing like fixing a basic feature 10 years later (okay, well, it SEEMS like 10 years).

Also, I see there's an "always roll max hit points" variable now. God, how long did people cry for that? :lol:

Many persistent worlds already implemented that or something similar. It was added by the community years ago... good to see Bioware didn't waste any time in development on that feature in response to player requests or anything... ;)

Luch, remember when we spent like 5 pages trying to hash out the "perfect" character?  Did you ever play that Ranger you specced out?

Pretty sure that conversation was for NWN2, because I remember using the Ranger as a base for some of the NWN2 feats, combined with the berserker prestige class (or whatever it was called). But no, never played it past about level 5 or so.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:09:57 AM by Luchaire »

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Jedsia

• Her Majesty
  • Ko
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »
Yea I still play  :oops:

But Mythos hasn't patched yet either, so I still haven't patched.
Diablo 3 Profile

Greybeard

• Amn
  • shut-in
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 01:40:43 AM »
I still play it alot and enjoy it, I may get the patch at a latter date when I may get a high speed connection. :shock:

I think its a testimony to how much many, many people love the game just as D2 is still going strong.

Looking forward to Dragon Age it is supposed to be the successor to Baldurs Gate. One of my all time favorites. :-)

GB
Now playing-NWN

Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.-James Dean